- Flexible and supportive workplace
- Work for an organisation that makes a difference
We’re looking for a passionate and highly motivated River and Wetlands Project Officer with excellent community engagement skills to join our team. We are committed to providing an encouraging work environment that actively supports personal and professional development.
The River and Wetlands Project Officer will:
- Coordinate the implementation of river, wetland and vegetation restoration and protection projects. This work will be based primarily in the catchment areas of the Gippsland Lakes.
- Work with Government agencies, community groups, individuals and internal staff, to achieve the objectives of the West Gippsland Waterway Strategy, and related policies, plans and programs.
- Provide technical support and communicate with landholders, community groups and staff from partner groups and agencies.
The successful applicant will have knowledge of farming practices and waterway health, have experience in project and contractor management and be able to conduct effective community engagement directly with land managers.