Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Manager, Project Development–Water and Agriculture (South India)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Reports to: Director, Projects and Fundraising (South)
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters/Post Graduate degree in relevant field of Natural Resource Management (NRM)–water management, agriculture related disciplines, with successful proven experience of writing grant/ project proposals for donor organizations, for rural villages of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Telangana in South India.
- The candidate should possess experience of minimum five years, in preparing sound technical project proposals for funding agencies/donors for implementation in the area of water management and agriculture development, while contributing to project development process, and developing relevant linkages with various stakeholders, including at local levels with government, village communities, donors and related organizations.
- Previous experience of working with rural NGOs in the NRM sector, with good written and interpersonal skills, is highly preferred.
- Fluency and proficiency in Southern languages - Telugu and Kannada, is required besides English and Hindi. Additionally, working knowledge of Tamil will also be desirable.
- Identifying/exploring potential sites and villages for project development in agriculture and water management.
- Conceptualizing projects/ideas and responsible for preparing proposals for external agencies/funding organizations for implementation of projects.
- Networking with various key stakeholders including corporates/funders, government, local rural/village communities, for contributing to fundraising for the projects.
- Facilitating donor visits/meetings and liasing with them for follow-ups.
- Working in coordination with the Sehgal Foundation team for aligning with the systems and procedures in process of project conceptualization/proposal preparation for implementation.
- Contributing to writing reports and related project documentation/ success stories/articles etc. for wider dissemination.
- Ensuring adherence and commitment to organization values, vision, mission and guiding principles.
- Performing any other duty, as assigned from time to time.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submitting application: April 15, 2019