Environment and Natural Resources Internship
RESOLVE, a non-profit organization in Washington, DC, is seeking an Environment and Natural Resources intern, for the period starting April 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019, with the possibility of extending.
RESOLVE forges sustainable solutions to critical social, health, and environmental challenges by creating innovative partnerships where they are least likely and most needed. We are a team of collaborative leaders (mediators, policy experts, strategists, scientists, and facilitators). Our track record of solutions includes the no net loss of wetlands policy, implementing food safety provisions, greater health care access, responsible minerals sourced from conflict affected regions, best practices for siting wind energy, safer drinking water rules, new technologies to promote human-wildlife coexistence, and agreements that support restoration of the Missouri River watershed.
We are looking for a Masters student who has a demonstrated experience in research and analysis.
The ideal intern would have interest and some experience in one or more of the following issues:
• Natural Resources Management
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Climate Change
• Extractive Sector
• Sustainable Development
The intern will work with RESOLVE staff to:
• Conduct and analyze research on a variety of environmental and natural resource issues
• Complete writing assignments
• Organize meetings
• Support ongoing collaborative projects
• Research development opportunities
We work with interns so they observe a range of collaborative activities. The intern will observe professional staff as they:
• Assess issues, design solutions, and convene collaborative processes
• Design and carry out collaborative projects
• Manage complex projects with a diverse group of stakeholders
A successful applicant will also possess the following skills and abilities:
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Strong written and oral communication skills, in particular strong editing skills
• Detail oriented; high degree of accuracy in all aspects of work
• Multitasks effectively
• Organizes work projects and completes tasks within assigned time frames
• Works independently as necessary to achieve high performance
• Works effectively within teams
• Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in working cross-culturally
• Strong organizational skills
If needed, RESOLVE will work with the intern’s university to fill out any required forms and will evaluate the intern at the end of the semester. RESOLVE will also work with each student’s school to ensure that a student has fulfilled the required hours for the internship.
RESOLVE provides a modest stipend for interns; the amount depends on the intern’s degree level, experience, and the number of hours the intern devotes to the internship.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Mahlette Betre.
Please do not call staff or inquire about opportunities by phone.
RESOLVE values diversity in its staff and is an equal opportunity employer.