Proposal Writer (WASH)
The WASH Proposal Writer will serve as lead writer with a special focus on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) proposals spanning a wide range of country contexts. S/he will work collaboratively with ME&A HQ staff, including the Director of Marketing and Business Development, and will report to the Team Leader for Water and Coastal Resources.
- Serve as lead proposal writer for USAID-funded and other donor-funded proposals, in accordance with ME&A and donor requirements
- Facilitate technical design sessions in order to set proposal strategy and criteria for successful development of donor proposals
- Collect, integrate, and assure the quality of technical specialists and/or consultant contributions
- Review, revise, and copy-edit technical proposal sections provided by ME&A's technical and other staff, consultants, and partners, and integrate into the overall technical proposal
- Liaise and coordinate with ME&A HQ staff, technical specialists, consultants, and partners to provide clear, complete, and timely instructions and feedback for proposal deliverables
- Review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials
- Participate in technical reviews and incorporate feedback in a timely manner
- Review and integrate all background materials to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements
- Lead the preparation and delivery of proposal design workshops.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Water Sector related, International Development, or similar field
- At least 7 years of related experience in WASH proposal writing and management.
- Experience writing successful USAID WASH proposals
- Strong prior experience managing or coordinating proposals for USAID-funded and/or other US government-funded opportunities
- Knowledge of USAID programming and technical procurement requirements
- Knowledge of the principles, terminology, and methodology of water sector proposal preparation
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues
- Ability to analyze and synthesize knowledge (inputs) into high quality proposal outputs
- Ability to successful collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure