Coachella Valley Waterkeeper (“CVWK”) seeks an Associate Director to lead our new program with a mission to protect the region’s water resources so they are swimmable, drinkable, and fishable for present and future generations. CVWK will work to achieve its mission through collaboration with organizations, public agencies, special districts, and the business community. The ideal candidate will be a longtime member of the Coachella Valley community who can build a water advocacy NGO that will directly serve the needs of the community through our five pillars, education, advocacy, restoration, sustainability and enforcement.The CVWK Associate Director will report to the Executive Director. Our Executive Director has 20 years of experience leading Orange County Coastkeeper, Inland Empire Waterkeeper, and now, Coachella Valley Waterkeeper. This is a full-time position. The Associate Director must be flexible to work some weekends and evenings. Salary is commensurate with experience. This position will have the backup of educators, scientific and legal professionals of Orange County Coastkeeper. Interested?
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume through Indeed to Orange County Coastkeeper Executive Director Garry Brown.
- Develop funding to support CVWK Programs by identifying and applying for grant funding, developing a network of CVWK members, and organizing fundraising events.
- Be the lead advocate for the Coachella Valley Watershed by building and maintaining relationships with local elected officials and government staff; representing CVWK at meetings and hearings; proactively identify emerging issues that may affect the watershed, such as developments, regulations, plans, and trends, and respond appropriately.
- Provide outreach and education to local communities, including the agricultural community, hospitality community, and local towns and neighborhoods. Maintain a local presence through social media, e-newsletters, presentations, and grass-roots organizing around major issues.
- Develop CVWK Programs that address education, restoration, advocacy, and research.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and at least 2 years of work experience.
- Belief in the CVWK Mission.
- Writing skills and demonstrated experience in the field of grant-writing, budgeting, and coordination.
- Confidence in oral advocacy skills and problem solving in a public venue.
- An understanding of local watershed, regulatory issues, and local politics
- Longstanding member of the Coachella Valley community.
Orange County Coastkeeper an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.