U.S. nationals: Research & Development (Systems Research Analyst (Energy Water System Integration, Early Career))
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a R&D, Systems Research Analyst who is passionate about their work and wants to see their research have a direct impact on projects for our national security and defense. The Energy Water System Integration department is a dynamic, diverse, multi-disciplinary team. You will perform data, modeling and systems analysis to understand the complexities at the intersection of natural and engineered systems. Do you want to be a member of a high performing team?
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join this diverse and passionate team of high performing individuals and achieve success while making a difference.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform systems dynamics modeling, uncertainty quantification, agent based modeling and data analytics;
- Create and apply an analytic framework that utilizes quantitative and qualitative measures of effectiveness germane to stakeholder's objectives.
Qualifications We Require
- Master's degree in a related discipline;
- Experience in data analytics;
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis;
- Proven background in Python programming.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with water resources management for energy generation;
- Experience with building databases;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in a subset of the following: natural language processing, software engineering methodologies, agile development, user interfaces, databases, algorithms, data science, analytics;
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
About Our Team
The Energy Water System Integration department works at the intersection of the coupled human (engineered systems) and natural systems to support the security of the nation's energy water systems. We do this through data modeling and analysis, geo-spatial analysis, hydrology and hydrogeology modeling, climate impact assessments to energy water systems at the watershed scale, risk assessments, and decision support tools.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*