Emergency WASH/NFI/Shelter Programme Development Manager
NRC is looking for an Emergency WASH/NFI/Shelter Programme Development Manager in Buea.
The humanitarian situation in Cameroon is compounded by three main crises. While the country has been relatively stable for many years, ongoing attacks by armed groups such as Boko Haram in the Far North, Lake Chad region; the Central African Republic (CAR) crisis affecting the East, Adamaoua and North regions; and the Anglophone crisis in the Southwest and Northwest regions have all drastically altered the country’s stability since 2013.
It is in this challenging context that the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has started operating in the Far North region in 2017 and in the North West and South West regions since August 2018 to provide life-saving assistance to vulnerable populations. In May 2019, NRC will start operating in the East region with an ICLA project. In the Far North, NRC is implementing the following core competencies: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), WASH, Shelter,Livelihoods and Food security (LFS) and Education.
So far, WASH/NFI/Shelter is the dominant core competence that the NRC is implementing in the South West and North West region: scope for sector growth is projected for the year 2019.The role of the Emergency WASH/NFI/Shelter PDM is to design, develop and implement projects within the core competences and to contribute to the development/evolution of the NRC Country Operations in Cameroon.
The Emergency WASH/NFI/Shelter PDM will report to the Area Manager for the Northwest and Southwest Regions.
- Develop WASH/NFI/Shelter strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs;
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Core Competence (CC) tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Responsible to develop and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports;
- Overall management of project staff;
- Coordinate and manage WASH/NFI/Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior Program Management level position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Hands on experience of projects’ implementation in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Food Security expertise;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Relevant University degree;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the mainstream donors’ regulations;
- Knowledge of the context in Cameroon is an advantage;
- Detail oriented;
- Flexible and hardworking;
- Strategic thinker.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with People
- Initiating action and change
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability
- Commencement: May 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s grade structure
- Grade: 9
- Duty station: Buea with 50% travels
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.