Australia nationals: Environmental Scientist (Wetlands)
What you will do:
• Coordinate field operations, logistics and field teams.
• Establish and maintain assessment and monitoring partnerships by engaging and liaising with landholders, and working collaboratively with regional NRM field staff and other service providers.
• Conduct freshwater wetland assessments to quantify and describe the pressures on wetlands and the condition of wetland values within the Great Barrier Reef catchments.
• Contribute to the ongoing refinement and development of technical protocols, QAQC, and data recording and management systems.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of studies and pilot projects including analysis and report writing.
• Provide technical and scientific operational advice and assistance, and represent the program in forums relating to field program activities.
• Contribute to program communications activities and the preparation of products to make the program science and activities accessible though range of forums and communications media.
• Assist managers to meet health and safety obligations by undertaking activities such as maintaining the risk register and contributing to safe work practices.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.