Consultant: Strategic Planning Analysis for Strategy 2030 and the Roadmap
We are looking for a talented individual consultant who will support the formulation of Strategy 2030 and the development of the Roadmap for 5-year implementation plan with close coordination with the Strategy Unit. The consultant will report to the Director and Head of Strategy, Partnership and Communication Division, with close coordination with the Strategy Unit and other part of GGGI to ensure quality and timely completion of deliverables outlined in the workplan, weekly plans and the monthly plans. Payment is determined by number of days worked and will be released upon satisfactory delivery of services as approved by GGGI. Payment can be made monthly upon submission of invoice supplemented with the timesheet.
Objective of the Assignment
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth; which targets key aspects of economic performance such as poverty reduction and job creation, as well as social inclusion and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and the private sector to help build economies that achieve strong growth and are less carbon intensive, more resilient to climate change, and more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries' development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, and knowledge management and sharing activities that provide concrete options and guidance for policymakers, as well as help build the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Strategic, Partnership and Communications (SPC) Department of Office of the Director General supports the Director-General (DG) with partnership, strategy, results, change management, communications services. The primary function of the Strategy Unit, within the SPC, is to lead the development of the strategic direction of the organization, and to define the Corporate Results Framework (CRF), including identifying and programming intermediate outcomes.
The Strategic Planning Consultant will primarily work to support the formulation of Strategy2030 and the development of the Roadmap for 5-year implementation plan with close coordination with the Strategy Unit.
Scope of Work
The Consultant shall: (i) provide the overall ground work of the analysis and priority setting for the strategy documents, the monitoring of the detailed project plan in relation to the key project processes and systems, the scenario analysis of the trends and the outcomes of stakeholders consultations, the process documentation of the various deliverables; and (ii) participate in two roadmap development and other initiatives related to the Strategy2030 as per the request made by the Head of Strategy Unit and the Director of SPC.
The Consultant shall provide higher level analytical work, framing questions and assumptions to make analysis, and to contribute well-developed solutions to strategy development tasks.
- Draft the strategy document according the outline set, develop content for all presentations related to the Strategy2030 meetings and prepare the monthly reports.
- Develop and define 10-vision and 5-year strategy, KPIs and strategic imperatives, and alignment to broader organizational priorities, roadmap and timeframe working closely with management and managers (both at HeadquarterQ, regional offices and country teams) and external stakeholders (e.g council members, private sectors, etc)
- Take minutes and follow up on action items with work stream owners, in support of Strategy Taskforce Secretariat management
- Lead, coordinate, organize, and facilitate stakeholder consultations where required
- An Advanced degree (at least Masters) in Development studies, Economics, Environmental economics, Development economics, environmental studies or similar
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience with at least 3 years of professional experience in data analysis and strategic planning
- Knowledge of green growth policy development or associated topics is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and work on many competing assignments while prioritizing and moving forward to completion
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel, Access and other data analysis software applications
- Demonstrate understanding of developing countries economic and green growth context and policy framework is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- A strong analytical background, coupled with exceptional strategic thinking skills
- A track record of senior-level interaction, working with high level government officials and political awareness as well as substantial work experience in a relevant field
- Ability to work in teams;
- Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must.