Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management Division (SDCD) of the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC). The Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB's sector and thematic work. SDCD is playing the role of secretariat for coordinating the Bank's efforts in assisting its DMCs to transition to low-carbon and climate and disaster-resilient development pathways, through, among others, the development of policies and strategies, investment operations support, facilitation of access to finance and provision of knowledge and partnerships.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Analyst will support the administration and implementation of technical assistance projects in climate change and disaster risk management to ensure compliance with ADB's established policies, procedures, and practices; coordinate high-level meetings such as the President's Advisory Group on Climate Change and Sustainable Development and ADB's participation to international fora's such as the Conference of the Parties, among others. The Operations Analyst will also contribute in the preparation and monitoring of division work programs and budgets. The Operations Analyst will report to Director, Climate Change & Disaster Risk Management Division, Sustainable Development & Climate Change Department and designated IS.
- Effectively handles the assigned TA administration tasks by analyzing progress reports, processing amendments, reviewing various documents and contracts, tracking disbursements; reviewing and ensuring that the assigned TAs are properly planned, monitored, and reported.
- Coordinate with various concerned units for the monitoring of TA advances and closing to ensure timely liquidation. Responding verbally and/or in writing to internal and external queries and request for information on administered TA projects.
- Monitors and ensures project compliance with ADB policies, procedures, and practices; highlighting potential problem areas, liaising with counterparts from relevant departments, preparing periodic status reports on project administration and implementation. Reviews and updates TA budget; liaise with consultants and collaborating organizations/agencies. Reviews and verifies financial transactions.
- Monitors and updates all projects-related reports in eOperations and relevant ADB systems e.g., Design Monitoring Framework, Project Data Sheet, TA Completion Report.
- Contributes to compliant selection and engagement of consultants by initiating request for recruitment of consultants in CMS, verifying, analyzing, and evaluating background information, participating in contract negotiations as necessary, issuing Notice to Proceed.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and prepares consultants' request for contract variation, advising and assisting consultants on other contractual matters; checking, reviewing and verifying the accuracy of consultants' monthly billings; ensuring timely provision of consultants' requirements for cash advance, availability and release of funds for mobilization purpose; and monitoring progress of consultants' services.
- Contributes actively to the preparation of the annual administrative budget for the Green Climate Fund cost center (this may include tracking of approval of GCF projects and disbursements). Prepares the midterm budget review and revised budget estimates. Monitors and analyzes utilization of division budget to ensure that expenditures are properly accounted for and that deviations from forecasts are justified. Support the division's administrative budget preparation and monitoring as alternate budget coordinator.
- Provides inputs in the preparation of Division's submissions of Work Program and Budget Framework and its periodic review and updating. Monitors and ensures that eOps records for assigned TAs are updated accordingly.
- Support maintenance of records/database of TA-related data as well data on the Climate Change Fund and climate risk vulnerability assessments.
- Support the organization/implementation of CCDRM-related training and events focusing on high-level meetings/conferences i.e., President's Advisory Group on Climate Change and Sustainable Development, COP24, among others.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support to senior/administrative assistants; proactively offering help and assistance to meet commitments and for tasks completion.
- Supports overall CCDRM TG activities e.g., retreats, strategy meetings, development of KPs.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- University degree in business administration, social science or other fields combined with relevant experience.
- At least 7 years relevant professional experience in multilateral organization relating to technical assistance processing, administration and other administrative work.
- Familiarity with scope of work of ADB on Climate Change and Disaster Risks Management will be given higher preference.
- Extensive knowledge of ADB policies in a wide range of areas including project processing, administration, accounting, and general administration.
- Proficiency in database management.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good coordination, strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 7.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.