Akvo is looking for someone to join its South East Asia and Pacific (SEAP) hub, as a trainer and partnership liaison officer. The successful candidate should be based in the Pacific region and have a passion for technology, innovation and development. They will report to Akvo’s regional manager for Australia and the Pacific.
Working in a small and energetic team, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering training and supporting the organisations we work with across the Pacific to use Akvo’s tools. As such, previous experience in teaching or training will be highly valued. They will liaise with colleagues around the world and help to develop new partnerships and projects.
Part-time or full-time options available.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading training for government, multilateral and NGO partners on use of technology tools for development and data for decision-making
- Contributing to the continuous development of Akvo’s systems and training structure
- Supporting Akvo’s partners to implement a range of data collection initiatives across the Pacific region
- Maintaining and supporting existing partnerships, with a focus on Fiji
- Representing Akvo at a variety of meetings and events in the region
- Working closely together with other team members
- Experience of teaching and presenting to groups and/or facilitating training courses
- Experience living and working in a Pacific Island context and/or with remote communities
- At least 3-5 years relevant work experience (technology and/or development)
- Experience in water, sanitation and hygiene, disaster response, agriculture, GIS or data management preferred
- Ability to work effectively both in a small team, and independently
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Willingness and flexibility to travel regularly within the region
Applications close 3rd October 2016. The Akvo SEAP team will be in Fiji during the weeks of the 3rd and 10th October and will be looking to meet in-country candidates in person.
For more information about the job and application process please contact nikki[at]akvo.org. To apply please email your CV to work[at]akvo.org.