Junior/Analyst Consultant (Water)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, energy, waste, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Water & Environment practice of Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors.
We are looking for a Junior Consultant to join our Water & Environment practice. The role will support project managers across the Water & Environment practice and potentially the wider Ricardo Energy & Environment group delivering our broad portfolio of projects to public and private sector clients.
Ricardo will support the Junior Consultant to develop project management skills leading to full project management responsibilities including achieving project budget and deadline requirements. Opportunities for technical specialism and development are available depending on the candidate.
As part of the role within the Water team you will provide support on planning, EIA and SEA projects and have responsibility for the delivery of project tasks to satisfy client requirements. You will lead tasks and co-ordinate a wide range of studies, interact with clients and assist in the development of follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise. Specific duties will include:
- Working as part of the Planning team to deliver a range of Planning and Environmental projects. This will include working alongside other disciplines as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing planning documents, and also planning policy preparation and advice;
- Prepared to work on non-core planning activities such as site work to develop skills and support other parts of the business;
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you;
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues;
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the EIA and Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
Key competencies and experience:
- Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in a relevant environmental discipline
- EIA and SEA experience
- Working knowledge of the UK planning system
- A good understanding of how Local Planning Authorities operate
- A good understanding of current Planning issues and the Planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects
- Strong team working capabilities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Membership of, or working towards membership of, the RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Good IT skills in Microsoft software and experience in QGIS would be beneficial
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.