Team Leader WASH-FIN
Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) project in Zambia aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In Zambia, the program will focus on improving WASH sector financing and service delivery through support to the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Environmental Protection (MWSEP) and selected Commercial Water Utilities (CUs) in leveraging additional financing through private capital and/or blended finance. The program will also undertake activities in support of government’s desire to establish a Water Sector Financing Mechanism. WASH-FIN will further undertake knowledge management activities in Zambia. Towards this end, the project has a vacancy for a Team Leader for Zambia to be based in Lusaka on a fixed term contract.
The Zambia Team Leader will be the main link with all partners, USAID | Zambia, and the WASH-FIN team. The Zambia Team Leader will be responsible for the performance of a wide range of program management activities and direct oversight for project administration and financial management, supervising directly full-time administrative support staff, short-term consultants, and subcontractors providing intermittent technical assistance for project execution.
- Provide strategic leadership to the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in Zambia.
- Build strong implementation partnerships with USAID | Zambia mission, Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Environmental Protection, Commercial Water Utilities, peer development agencies, thought leaders in the WASH and urban infrastructure sectors, and other key partners.
- Prepare detailed weekly and quarterly activities reports, and other intermittent reporting as required.
- Develop budgets and other resources planning for the implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate all project activities and ensure complementarity with other relevant programs financed by both USAID and other partners.
- Supervise directly full-time administrative support staff, local and international consultants hired and contracted for the project.
- Liaise with Open Capital Advisors on implementation of Component 1 of WASHFIN.
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in communication and written technical reports.
- Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with municipalities and government agencies.
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
- Qualifications and skills: Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or any other relevant degree. Excellent advocacy and communications skills are required.
- General professional experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the financing and/or service delivery of urban infrastructure in Zambia
- At least 5 years of experience in urban infrastructure issues (either engineering or financing).
- Experience in investment planning for private or public organisations.
- Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in working in a donor-funded environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers).
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is April 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.