Capacity Building and Outreach Coordinator (Forest for Water and Prosperity)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting applications from Capacity Building and Outreach Coordinator candidates for the Forest-PLUS: forest for water and prosperity (Forest-PLUS 2.0) program.
Forest-PLUS 2.0 is a USAID program being implemented by Tetra Tech in India with the goal to improve management of targeted forest landscapes in India for enhanced ecosystem services and increased inclusive economic opportunities.
The role of the Capacity Building and Outreach Manager is to support activities that strengthen the capacity of stakeholders to apply an ecosystem approach to forest management at different levels of management. S/he will be responsible to develop and conduct training to enable various stakeholders to strengthen their capacity to undertake an ecosystem approach to forest management, to monitor ecosystem services, and to approach other issues of importance related to effective landscape management. This position is based in the Forest-PLUS 2.0 Office in New Delhi.
- In coordination with the appropriate technical lead, and under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), support the design and implementation of all training, capacity building, and institutional strengthening activities related to ecosystem-based landscape planning;
- Facilitate or co-facilitate training and capacity building activities as needed;
- Ensure that all training activities and learning events are well planned, organized, implemented and documented;
- Develop scopes of work and oversee the work of training and capacity building consultants, in collaboration with the appropriate technical lead;
- Develop internal capacity in capacity building methodologies and design and delivery of trainings at all levels (i.e., national learning events, community-based workshops, gender and social inclusion approaches, etc.);
- Collaborate with the Finance and Administrative Team to provide logistical arrangements for training and capacity building activities;
- Coordinate with technical leads to plan for capacity building and training activities with anticipation; i.e., as scheduled in Quarterly Reports and Annual Work Plans;
- Support data collection, analysis and reporting related to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of outcomes and lessons-learned in collaboration with the MEL Specialist; Ensure capacity building and training data is collected and reported accurately and on a timely basis;
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge management and learning related to Forest-PLUS 2.0 capacity building.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field, such as forestry, agriculture, rural development, social work, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience in capacity building and training.
- Demonstrated experience implementing training activities particularly in the forestry and NRM sector with local and national organizations required.
- Experience of engaging with State Forest Department and other govt departments for capacity building and outreach activities.
- Adept at conducting training need assessments, stakeholder analysis, designing training curriculum and undertaking capacity change assessments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Willing to regularly visit project sites.
- Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must also be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position
- CV/Resume in reverse chronological format with at least three professional references
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline April 8, 2019.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.