Consultancy: WASH in Schools (WinS) Feasibility Study of Football for Water Programme in EAP and Resource Mobilization
Job Number: 520896 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Thailand
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office works to ensure the rights of all children in Thailand. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them.
How can you make a difference?
The WASH Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is proposing to contract the services of a qualified consultant to map the existing [Sport for development] and WASH interventions in selected countries. The consultant will specifically:
- Review the UNICEF supported Football for Water / World Coaches programme in Kenya, Ghana and Mozambique and advise on its application in the East Asia & Pacific region.
- Map the existing Football/Sport and WASH interventions in selected countries and document UNICEF’s efforts in implementing Football/Sport for WASHH programming in the EAP region.
- Develop a regional proposal for Football/Sport for WASH for the selected countries. It is also expected that the findings and recommendations will help to better support WASH agenda in designing, planning and fundraising for sport for WASH in the region.
- To assess the extent of financing options and private sector engagement opportunities for Football/Sport for WASH in the region.
- Support selected COs to implement Football for Water / World Coaches in their WASH in Schools programmes.
For nature of consultancy and background, please refer to attachment.
Work Assignment, Work Schedule and Deliverable:
The consultancy will be supervised by the Regional Adviser – WASH EAPRO for overall tasks and Regional WASH Specialist will provide operational guidance.
Main Tasks: Work planning/Inception
Task Details: Develop a detailed workplan, in consultations with regional office, list of references
Deliverables: 1. Revised Workplan/inception report
When: 8 days by 15 May 2019
Main Tasks: Mapping Sport and Football for WASH initiative
Task Details: Review of the existing initiative in the region. This will include desk review as well as field visit
Deliverables: 2. Report on exiting WASH and sport related initiatives in the region
When: 30 days by 15 July 2019
Main Tasks: Regional proposal for Sport/Football for WASH
Task Details: Develop regional and country proposal for 5 years and discussion with the NL Natcom and private sectors
Deliverables: 3. Regional proposal and country proposals
When: 20 days by 15 August 2019