[Due date in text says 29 March, but DevNetJobsIndia says 5 April, so please check]
Request for Proposal
Consultant for Geohydrological mapping in selected blocks of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh(March 25, 2019)
A. About ISC:
Founded in 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is a not-for-profit organization that builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to address important global issues including climate change, sustainable development, and environmental protection, resulting in embedded capacity and lasting change. Headquartered in the United States, ISC has worked around the world to help communities, cities, industry, and NGOs accomplish their environmental, economic, and social goals. ISC has led more than 110 projects in 30 countries, and currently works in Asia and the United States. Learn more at: http://www.sustain.org/.
B. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Spearheaded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Gap Inc., the Women+Water Alliance (W+W Alliance) is a public-private partnership that aims to improve the health and well-being of women and communities touched by the apparel value chain. ISC is an implementing partner within the W+W Alliance. With an initial focus on Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh textile communities, ISC is identifying how businesses and their surrounding textile and cotton growing communities can collaborate to mitigate water risks and have a long-term impact on the effective management of water resources. To do this, ISC is (a) Curating best practices, tools and guidelines for water stewardship and pollution abatement in the apparel industry; (b) Piloting new approaches to water stewardship through key stakeholders that encourage collaboration and maximize uptake of best practices; (c) Disseminating what is learned through national platforms and knowledge-sharing sessions for greater awareness and accelerated adoption of these practices.
C. Request for PROPOSAL :
As an element of the pilot project, ISC seeks to engage individuals or organizations as Consultant (hereafter called the “Consultant”) to conduct detailed geo-hydrological mapping as per the following details.
- Geographical Coverage - Kukshi block (in district Dhar, state Madhya Pradesh), Kalamb and Ralegaon blocks (in Yavatmal district, state Maharashtra), Budhni block (in Sehore district, state Madhya Pradesh)
- In these geographical regions, the Consultant will be responsible for:
- Demarcating the watershed covering the block and ascertaining water availability in the watersheds.
- Identifying areas of high and low water generation, accumulation and losses.
- Determining groundwater quality trends and nature of contamination.
- Determining changes in depth to water level and assessing the groundwater storage and recharge potential.
- Identifying a set of strategies for improved water scenario in the blocks.
The following final deliverables must be submitted to ISC in an editable MS Word format.
- Draft report elaborating the geo-hydrological mapping including the scope of work defined above.
- Final report, incorporating ISC’s feedback on the draft report.
D. IDEAL Timeline:
- RFP issued: March 25, 2019
- Proposals submitted no later than: March 29, 2019, 6:00 PM IST
- Winning proposal selected: April 3, 2019
- Contract signed: April 5, 2019
- Begin work/Kick-off meeting: April 8, 2019
- Work plan finalized: April 11, 2019
- Draft report: June, 2019
- Final report: July, 2019
E. Qualifications :
The Consultant must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of sector-specific experience implementing water-related projects;
- Expertise and experience in implementing tools needed to conduct geo-hydrological analysis.
- Thorough grasp of core concepts and innovative practices relevant to analyzing data and information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey results effectively;
- A combination of relevant local experience within India and international experience.
- The winning proposal will:
- Successfully demonstrate that consultant meets or exceeds the minimum qualifications listed above.
- Demonstrate cost effectiveness and competitiveness for professional services.
- Address their project management approach.
- Address the ability to meet the project deliverables in a reasonable timeframe (either through our timeline or a proposed alternative timeline)
F. Submission requirements :
Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information.
Proposals must be submitted via email to /"> , with RFP – Geohydrological mapping consultant, W+W Alliance in the subject line. Proposals must be submitted by March 29, 2019, 6 pm Indian Standard Time. The proposal must include the following:
- An expression of interest letter, with detailed name, contact person and contact details (1 page)
- Narrative piece, that outlines the vision for the work along with suggested methodology, workplan and other technical inputs for the assignment (maximum 5 pages)
- Description of qualifications (maximum 4 pages)
- Three references who can speak to Consultant’s successful completion of similar work
- Cost information. The Consultant should submit a detailed cost proposal in Indian Rupees including professional fee, travel and lodging expenses, along with any relevant taxes for the activities defined above in the scope of work.
Questions can be submitted in an email to /"> , with Query -Geohydrological mapping consultant, W+W Alliance in the subject line.