Recruitment of Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) for WSTF DANIDA Green Growth and Employment Programme (GGEP)/ Water and Livelihood Programme (WLP).
The Governments of Denmark and Kenya in 2015, signed a Development Engagement agreement for the Kenya Country Programme. This is a five-year programme that is being implemented by various actors including National Government line ministries and Agencies, and a few Non state Actors.
Each of the Implementing Organizations has signed Development Engagement Documents and Bilateral Agreements with the Embassy. Among such organizations is Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF), which is a public institution, established under the Act of Parliament Water Act 2002 and currently operating under the revised Water Act 2016. The Mandate of WSTF is to ensure there is assured water resources availability, and accessibility of water and sanitation to the underserved areas of the country.
Under the DANIDA Green Growth and Employment Programme (GGEP) Development Engagement Document, WSTF at the end of 2017 received additional financing to facilitate improved access to water and sanitation for Refugees, host communities and other Vulnerable communities of Turkana West Sub county in Turkana County.
To achieve the objectives of the GGEP and its mandate, the Danish Embassy has agreed to support WSTF with a team of experts who will support them in implementation of the Green Growth and Employment Programme. The team of experts will comprise of Programme Coordinator, Programme Engineer, Social Scientist and a Procurement expert as per the below job descriptions
The recruited implementation team led by Programme coordinator will work under the Rural Investments Programme at WSTF and in close collaboration with other Danida Technical and Financial advisers, and reporting to WSTF Rural Investment Manager.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following listed vacancies:-
Title: Programme Coordinator - GGEP/WLP
Reporting to: WSTF, Rural Investments Manager
Duty station: Nairobi – WSTF Offices with frequent travel to the field
Contract Period: Fixed 24 months
Main purpose of the role
The position holder will support in the management and implementation of the Danida funded Green Growth and Employment Programme (GGEP) and Water and Livelihood Programme in WSTF.
The main roles will include support to planning, designing, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the Programme in order to deliver the planned outputs, outcomes and impacts, while ensuring effective County Governments engagement, effective and efficient funds utilization, accurate accountability, timely completion and realization of value for money.
Duties & Responsibilities
· In close collaboration with the WSTF relevant staff, coordinate and manage the implementation of the GGEP water and sanitation investments in the 8 GGEP ASAL counties
· In close collaboration with WSTF Programme Team Leader, initiate the development of GGEP work plans, budgets, strategies and reports for management, Board and Danida
· Execute the Programme activities based on WSTF procedures and in line with development partner agreement
· Support the review and implementation of specific WSTF/County engagement strategies
· Work with WSTF team and Counties to identify, appraise and finance implementation of various water supply, sanitation and water resource projects in the defined rural areas
· Coordinate and facilitate various assessments, infrastructure surveys and design, evaluations, missions and audits relevant to the Programme Support in the coordination of technical and financial monitoring and evaluation of all Programme field activities,
· Support in the management of all the documentation, contracts and disbursement of funds to projects under the assigned programmes,
· Prepare project reports and in close collaboration with WSTF ensuring that the GGEP/WLP reports meet the donor expectations,
· In close collaboration with WSTF Rural investment team, utilize Programme Management Information Systems and Standardized Manuals relevant to the Programme,
· In charge of mentoring, performance management and supervision of assigned Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) staff including short term consultants under the GGEP and Water and Livelihood Programme,
· Mentor and strengthen the team members on relevant Programme and project management skills, technical support in the area of Infrastructural design, Climate Change, Green Growth and Environmental Sustainability,
· In close collaboration with WSTF Management team, support in review of grant management framework,
· Perform any other duties as may be requested by the Manager Rural Investments and/or GGEP Team Leader from time to time.
Qualification & Experience
· A Degree in Civil Engineering/ Building and Construction/ Water Engineering/ Environmental Engineering
· Masters in a related field is an added advantage
· Registered member of a professional body-Engineers Registration Board/Institute of Engineers of Kenya
· Minimum Level of Experience: 10 years of experience with at least 5 in a supervisory role
· Experience in grants management either in public sector or NGO organizations is required
· Experience in surveying, designing and implementing surface water runoff infrastructures required
· Experience in implementation of donor funded water and sanitation programmes
· Experience working with issues within the humanitarian-development nexus is an added advantage
· Experience using web based Programme Information management systems an added advantage
· Experience working in ASAL and fragile areas an added advantage
Required Skills and Competencies
· Strong Programme and grant management skills
· People management skills
· Decision making and negotiation skills
· Written and oral communication skills
· Analytical skills
· Computer skills
· WASH infrastructure design and implementation
HOW TO APPLY:
Application and Recruitment Process
The email subject should be the Title as stated above.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disability.
Any form of ***canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification*.