Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks an independent, dynamic, results-oriented, technical WASH consultant with experience in supporting and leading initiatives related to ensuring access to safe drinking water through information dissemination and the provision of CERTEZA, a chlorine-based point of water treatment solution. Given the severe flooding, populations displaced, inadequate sanitation conditions, turbid water and scale of the crisis, access to clean drinking water, as well as the threat of water borne disease (cholera) are urgent priorities.
To assist PSI to respond to the urgent WASH-related needs in Mozambique, we are seeking someone to engage in WASH cluster technical meetings to contribute towards and/or understand the proposed approaches to design and/or adjust PSI’s activities, including:
- Design community interventions with access to ~200 community health promoters, as well as, to ensure households will have information for health WASH behaviors
- Assist the team to develop a comprehensive work plan and monitoring for routine distribution of preventative health products such as CERTEZA, hygiene kits and dignity kits
- Prioritize WASH messages to be delivered via radio, print (poster and flyer) and interpersonal communication sessions
- Identify opportunities to partner/collaborate with other WASH organizations to amplify the impact of WASH messages, particularly for household water treatment and the risk of water borne diseases, primarily cholera
- Identify opportunities for PSI to design WASH interventions for the continued recovery of the urban and rural districts impacted by the cyclone and flooding
TENTATIVE TIMELINE AND LEVEL OF EFFORT (LOE)
- Full time; 8 weeks – base in Maputo, Mozambique
What we are looking for?
- Understanding of WASH sector in Mozambique including policy and donor context and specific challenges facing effective initiatives to improve access to safe drinking water.
- Experience designing and conducting community interventions with community health promoters.
- Experience in designing workplans and monitoring.
- Proven track record of producing high impact outputs for complex international development WASH programs to time and on budget.
- Experience in development programs in post-natural disaster settings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
Please send your resume with a cover letter outlining your availability and relevant experience to Julia Bressler, .
Please apply online at www.psi.org
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.