Investment Analyst (Infrastructure & Natural Resources)
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Global Municipal and Environmental Infrastructure (CNGME) is responsible for IFC's global water, waste and municipal finance business, in collaboration with regional infrastructure teams and regional departments.
CNGME is looking for an Investment Analyst to support its business needs. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist Investment Officers in executing deals, business development and knowledge dissemination across IFC.
The position provides an opportunity to obtain broad company, project and sector experience across all regions. The job holder will be based in Washington DC. Some travel will be required.
Role & Responsibilities :
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create financial models; Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
- Work closely with management on strategy for investment in the sector, drafting power point presentations and evaluating portfolio performance to improve profitability and impact for IFC in the sector;
- Disseminate lessons learned internally;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Participate in investments negotiations;
- Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance/accounting;
- Experience at a top tier financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record, including experience in creating sophisticated financial models;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Experience in infrastructure projects not required but would be a plus;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Interest in development issues and working in emerging markets; and
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, other languages are a plus.