Technical Advisor: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
Blumont Inc. is seeking a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Technical Advisor to join our growing Technical Services Unit (TSU), based in Arlington, Virginia. S/he will facilitate development and implementation of high impact programs supporting a range of sustainable WASH and environmental solutions including for vulnerable communities and individuals in both humanitarian and development settings, including small to medium-scale water and sanitation management systems, household water treatment and safe storage (HWTS), sanitation, rainwater harvesting, community health and hygiene promotion. S/he will play a lead role in developing the WASH and environmental health portfolio within Blumont, and support initiatives and activities with other technical and operations focal points in Blumont to reinforce or develop corporate capability in cross-sectoral approaches. S/he will also develop and nurture professional relationships with leading industry experts, implementing partners and key clients including but not limited to USAID (at Missions and Washington DC), DFID, and UN Agencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze donor priorities and trends, pursue and assess opportunities in collaboration with Blumont entities and field teams, lead assessments and technical design as part of the capture process for new business opportunities.
- Lead or contribute to writing or reviewing proposals, concept notes, and expressions of interests for a wide range of funders including USAID, DFID, and UN Agencies.
- Provide technical assistance on a need basis and contribute to technical quality review processes for relevant and current programs.
- Author and/or contribute to the development of technical articles, papers, reports, and lead and/or support presentations, seminars and workshops on relevant topics
- Represent and promote Blumont’s approaches and results and expand its relationships with clients and industry actors, and capture trends, promising practices and business intelligence through active participation in relevant communities of practice, industry events, groups and associations.
- Develop and manage relationships with bi-lateral, multi-lateral and private sector clients and international and national implementing partners to inform programming and new business decisions.
- Develops internal and external rosters of leading technical professionals and liaises with SME consultants through regular contact and work planning sessions.
- Promote staff development and in-house technical capacity through mentoring and facilitating professional development opportunities and support HR to recruit “best-in-class” technical talent to implement high quality programs, innovative engineering solutions, and win new business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Environmental Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in water and sanitation projects. For Bachelor’s degree holders, minimum 8 years of experience preferred.
- A demonstrable track record in the solution design, development/writing of successful proposals, and implementation of relevant programs with measurable results for various donors.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of WASH and environmental health programs including market analysis for sustainable WASH interventions.
- Established reputation in the field of WASH programming, knowledge of the partnership landscape and familiarity with the international donor community.
- Demonstrable evidence on ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in French, Arabic or another foreign language.
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/Middle East
- Experience living or working outside the United States, and/or significant experience working with people from non-US cultures.
- Up to 30%
- Normal Office Conditions
Note: Thank you for your interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted