Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
North Water Services; North Region; Water Resource Management; Mackay preferred or Rockhampton
Operating from within Northern Region, Water Services, you will be involved in assisting the water monitoring team to provide a service for the department’s water planning group by undertaking technical activities to departmental specifications and standards, analysing data and providing natural resource information to internal and external natural resource managers and planners.
|Position status||Fixed Term Temporary|
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Mackay region,Rockhampton region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/418254/22|
|Yearly salary||$66660 – $84589|
|Fortnightly salary||$2555.10 – $3242.30|
|Job duration||until 29 July 2022 with possible extension|
|Contact person||Peter Gordon|
|Contact details||07 4837 3361|
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Operate and maintain surface and ground water monitoring networks, including collecting and processing of hydrometric data, collecting water samples and conducting stream flow measurements.
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of technical equipment associated with water monitoring data collection.
• Compute, process, store, manipulate and retrieve ground water and surface water data.
• Participation in short and medium term water related projects on a needs basis.
• Develop skills and knowledge of the principles of water monitoring and associated technology through in house and external training.
• Maintain a high level of personal and team safety within the guidelines of safe practices and procedures.
• Interact with other water functional groups, managers, departmental staff and clients.
• Other duties as directed and required.
As an individual contributor in the role of Water Officer, the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role:
• Prioritises projects and tasks efficiently in line with team commitments (Leads strategically)
• Accepts decision making responsibility and demonstrates judgement about when to escalate issues (Makes insightful decisions)
• Communicates in a clear, succinct and deliberate manner, adjusting the message so that it resonates with different stakeholders (Builds enduring relationships)
• Welcomes challenges in the delivery of work and demonstrates persistence in working through obstacles (Drives accountability and outcomes)
• Takes personal accountability for learning, and eagerly pursues new knowledge and experiences (Pursues continuous growth)
• Demonstrates respect and appreciation for legislation and policy frameworks by consistently operating to key standards (Demonstrates sound governance)
• The applicant will require a Degree qualification in Science, Applied Science, Engineering (Technology) or Natural Resource Management. A diploma in Hydrography is also desirable.
• A manual “C” Class Drivers licence.
• Travel away from the centre may be required. This may involve travel outside of normal office hours and/or overnight accommodation for extended periods. This could also involve work in other Regions where camping in remote areas may be required.
• Ability to swim 50 m fully clothed
• Evidence that you have up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19 or that you are medically exempt from this vaccination will be required for this vacancy.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/418254/22
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 May 2022
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.