|Organisation / Entity:||Commercial & Corporate|
|Job category:||Construction and ArchitectureEngineering | Engineering|
|Job location:||Regional NSWStatewideCentral & North Coasts – Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Gosford, Central Coast and RegionCentral & North Coasts – Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Lake MacquarieCentral & North Coasts – Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Lismore & Far North CoastCentral & North Coasts – Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Newcastle, Hunter & RegionCentral & North Coasts – Newcastle & Hunter Valley / Port Macquarie & Mid-North CoastRegional NSW / Goulburn & Southern TablelandsIllawarra & South Coast / Southern HighlandsIllawarra & South Coast / Wollongong & The South CoastRegional NSW / Bathurst & Central West NSWRegional NSW / Dubbo & West NSWRegional NSW / Riverina & MurrayRegional NSW / Tamworth & North West NSWSydney Region / Sydney – Inner WestSydney Region / Sydney – North/North WestSydney Region / Sydney – SouthSydney Region / Sydney – WestSydney Region / Sydney CityRegional NSW / Far West and North Central NSWRegional NSW / Lord Howe IslandSydney Region / Sydney – Greater West|
|Job reference number:||498910|
|Total remuneration package:||Clerk Grade 3/4|
|Closing date:||18/05/2022 – 11:55 PM|
- Full-time ongoing opportunity working with the Dams and Dam Safety Team
- This position can be based in Sydney or any regional NSW location
- Salary package starting from $74,117 to $81,158 + Super, Leave Loading and Flex Leave
Our Department is responsible for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
The Department of Regional NSW was formed in April 2020 as a central agency for regional issues. At the Department, we are focused on creating a liveable, inclusive and sustainable New South Wales with thriving natural environments and strong primary industries. We are the stewards of our state’s physical and environmental assets – both natural and built – and we work hard every day to ensure New South Wales continues to flourish.
Public Works is an advisor and enabler of the best possible infrastructure solutions for local communities across New South Wales. We partner with State Government agencies and Local Government authorities to deliver an exciting variety of critical projects of varying scale and complexity.
Why Choose Public Works
About the role
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join the Dams and Dam Safety Team within Public Works (PW), a division of the Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW).
In this role you will:
- Be assisting in the field of dams engineering, focussing mainly on structural, civil and hydraulic engineering, including structural and hydraulic computer modelling
- Work across projects including regular dam surveillance and reporting, dam safety reviews and investigations, as well as investigations, concept and detailed designs for new dams, for raising, strengthening and upgrade of existing structures for in ground storages and for detention basins
- You will also work across all associated infrastructure, such as spillways, inlet and outlet works, gates and valves
- Additionally, you will be instrumental in supporting client needs to ensure the delivery of projects having regard to time, cost, quality, safety and environmental targets
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (civil and structural engineering, hydraulic or environmental engineering) with eligibility for member status of Engineers Australia
- A reasonable knowledge of civil engineering related to dams and water retaining structures, or relevant civil engineering experience
- Working knowledge of relevant structural and hydraulic engineering software, including structural and slope stability analyses and water flow analyses
- Experience in the design of a broad range of associated infrastructure including roadworks, bridgeworks, earthworks and concrete works
- A keenness to be involved long term in general dam engineering and dam safety type projects
- A valid NSW driver’s licence and a willingness to drive to remote locations which may include overnight stays.
Applying for the role
Apply by submitting a current resume and brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
If you would like to hear more about this role please contact George Samios, PW’s Principal Engineer, Dams and Dams Safety on 0416 376 607.
Applications close Wednesday 18th May 2022 at 11:55pm
A recruitment talent pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.
All Department of Regional NSW employees are required:
- To be fully vaccinated of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine and; or
- an approved ongoing medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing a role.