Senior EU Policy Officer (Water)
We are looking for a full time Senior EU Policy Officer, Water who will be responsible for leading the development and implementing a WWF policy strategy which secures ambitious implementation of EU water policies and their strengthening in upcoming reforms.
Location: WWF European Policy Office in Brussels
- Develops together with the Head of Unit a WWF EPO water policy strategy;
- Develops together with the WWF EPO Head of Unit and/or EU campaigner an EU advocacy plan and campaign strategy for freshwater;
- Secures an ambitious implementation of the WWF EU water policy strategy and leads the development of WWF strategies in relation to EU water policy reforms;
- Develops together with the Head of Unit a WWF policy strategy which aims at maintaining the European Union’s global leadership in the policy fields of water; engages at the international level in respect of water with the relevant WWF network (practice), other NGOs and international institutions;
- Represents WWF at key conferences, high level events and meetings with the European institutions and EU Member States;
- Engages with and lobbies politicians, key decision makers, business and other important stakeholders based in Brussels in the field of water;
- Obtains and collates information as required, and drafts materials (eg. briefings, reports and information materials) to publication standard;
- Ensures compliance to standards, both internal and external, for all projects and conservation activities;
- Carries out the activities within budget.
What you need:
- A university degree in the field of water, EU policy or related disciplines;
- Advanced technical or university degree with over five year experience or post-graduate degree with at least three year experience;
- In depth knowledge of European institutions and understanding of the complexities of EU legislation and its implementation at EU and/or national level;
- Excellent lobby and advocacy experience and presentation skills.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, policy advocacy and communications skills;
- Proven ability to act as organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; experience interacting with business would be a strong advantage;
- Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences including through written materials, one-to-one meetings and presentations;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: “Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging”.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 7 April 2019 midnight.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.