Location: Lviv, 46, Ukraine
Job ID: 13261
Date Posted: May 6, 2022
We are searching for a WASH Program Manager to join our team in Ukraine. In this role you will support the overall water, sanitation, and hygiene programs. We will rely on your expertise to provide training and capacity building of WASH field staff and the continued advancement of WASH programming within the larger WASH context in Ukraine. This is a tremendous opportunity make immediate impact. Come be part of what God is doing in Eastern Europe.
A day in the life of a WASH Program Manager, Ukraine:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of WASH Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Advise on the technical design and implementation of field projects and provides assessments and reports for current efforts and ensure high quality program design and implementation.
- Work with staff to build consistency across each WASH intervention ensure that WASH activities stay within the work plan and within the scope of overall programming including time frame, resource allocation, scope, and risk management.
- Lead the training and development of resources, tools, and knowledge among program staff
- Develop mechanisms to share best practices through training and resources to further excellence in the WASH sector
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse Ukraine at WASH working groups and other WASH-related or donor events
- Pursue grant and funding opportunities and reviews WASH portions of each proposal
- Research and test technologies that could be implemented in the field
- Coordinate with field staff to address specific challenges related to water, sanitation, and hygiene programming, baseline surveys, monitoring and assessments while building capacity of field WASH staff
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field and three (3) years of experience in a WASH role; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- International management and leadership experience with experience working in Eastern Europe is preferred.
- General knowledge of Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Fluent spoken and written English required
- Ukrainian language skills preferred
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with NGO, governmental, and community partners
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (can be completed after hire)
Job Location: Ukraine
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Ukrainian language skills are strongly preferred
Accompaniment: Un-Accompanied (no spouse or family)
Travel Expectations: This position requires domestic and international travel of approximately 90 days/year; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- Annual Home Leave
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)