- Job number: SRH04728
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Ukraine
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months
The conflict in Ukraine has seen a dramatic and rapid escalation since 24th February 2022 with massive multidimensional attacks from Russian troops throughout Ukraine, from the East, North and Southern borders that affected a large part of the country including the capital, Kyiv. This attack has been immediately followed by massive displacements, and as of March 22nd about 3 500 000 Ukrainians have taken refuge in neigbhouring countries and about 6 500 000 are internally displaced, mostly in the west part of the country.
These numerous people leaving East Ukraine, and other area affected, are transiting by road or train to Lviv along an axis Ouman, Vinnistsya, Khmelnytskyï, Ternopil. The trip to Lviv can take several days, and no or very few assistance is provided along this axis, IDPs are therefore lacking food, water, warm places to sleep during curfew time, from 7.00PM to 6.00AM, depending of the oblats regulations.
- SI response to people in transit needs: to support with ready to eat food people in transit on the axis and to ensure transit centers are well equipped
Many IDPs are settling in the Western regions, including in Lviv Obast but some are also staying in Dnipro and all along the axis. These IDPs have often lost their source of income and rely on relatives, host community and solidarity to find food and basic items. Housing is as well now scarce in the area, prices subsequently increase and the improvised transit centres that are supposed to host IDPs for a few days before they manage to find accommodation are already at the limit of their capacities.
- Rehabilitation/repairs and/or basic equipment of shelters, houses and buildings to accommodate IDPs.
- WASH improvements in shelters
- Cash response to the IDP families including cash for rent
In the meantime, the areas affected by the conflict are becoming increasingly difficult to access, due to fighting, or because under Russian Federation control. Civilian casualties have increased and large-scale destruction of civilian infrastructures, including private housing, have been reported. However, many inhabitants are still living in these conflict areas, either because they were not able to leave, or they want to stay in their villages or cities. In those areas, public services are strongly affected: water, electricity and gaz networks are not functioning properly or fully destroyed. Access to essential items such as food, drugs, fuel and NFI is a vital need for the population, as they are no longer accessible, and the economy and markets are no longer functional. In some areas, the banking system is as well affected.
- Distribution of in kind food, shelter and WASH NFIs
- WASH interventions in punctual basis
ABOUT THE JOB
The program manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. (S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program, and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance
– At least one year of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments or similar position
– At least one year of experience as water and sanitation technician or engineer in professional environments or similar position
– Experience in WASH project management is an asset
– Substantial experience in a management position in an overseas NGO environment,
– Strong skills in water network, hydraulic and drilling;
– Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
– Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 1 800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs in the Guest House and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked are granted.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/