Posted: Feb 2, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
The Water Efficiency Engineer will drive technical water efficiency projects across Apple’s facilities portfolio, working with corporate office, data center and retail groups. Apple is committed to minimizing its use of freshwater and using alternative water resources in water-stressed locations in which it operates. The Engineer will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and implementing onsite water efficiency initiatives to help meet those goals. The Engineer will provide technical assistance in both new site design and retrofits of existing buildings and work closely with the project management, facilities managers, and maintenance and operations teams on all aspects of project development.
- Experience with HVAC systems, plumbing systems, water treatment systems, water engineering, and water/ wastewater infrastructure in corporate facilities, landscape management and/or data center environments
- Experience in project management; ability to manage multiple projects from concept to completion
- Familiarity with green building systems such as LEED, Well Building, BREEAM, SITES, Living Building Challenge, etc.
- Experience with water metering systems, including hardware and software
- Knowledge of energy efficiency measures, and experience managing water /energy tradeoffs
- Strong communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to be effective in a matrixed and ambiguous environment
- Refine and further develop the water efficiency pillar of the corporate water program strategy, including setting targets and planning scalability of initiatives
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase water and wastewater efficiency, including hybrid and dry cooling technologies, onsite treatment and non-potable reuse, reclaimed water, condensate recovery, zero liquid discharge
- Work closely with project managers, EH&S, and operations teams to drive projects to completion and scale
- Provide water engineering expertise and knowledge of the latest water-efficient technology solutions to a diverse set of internal teams including facilities, data centers, retail, etc.
- Participate in design discussions with a water efficiency perspective
- Serve as an internal advocate for application of Apple’s Corporate Water Program to other business units as they consider design and conservation
- Verify savings and monitor performance of existing water efficiency projects across Apple’s facilities
Education & Experience
– BA/BS degree in civil/environmental/mechanical engineering or environmental sciences with 10+ years’ experience or, – Graduate degree preferred with 7+ years’ experience