- Job number: SRH04749
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Mozambique
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3,5 months
Location: Mueda, Mozambique
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is planning to scale up and diversify its activities in 2022. A new field base is planned for the first quarter of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening. The Mueda field base will be expanding considerably in the first half of 2022.
ABOUT THE JOB
The WaSH emergency program manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. They are responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program, and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) WASH implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Implement WaSH assessments in hard to reach areas or after an alert raised by RRM team
- Develop WaSH emergency activities in new areas
- Manage, follow up and supervise programs in a wide geographical area
- Develop and implement a sound hygiene promotion methodology
- Ensure rapid implementation of emergency solution after prioritization of needs
- Engage closely with CCCM PM in order to identify gaps within the different sites
- Engage closely with the WaSH infra PM
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
With support of the Field coordinator ensure training and capacity building of the team
Map the different activities present under the different proposals and develop its sector strategy
Establish hygiene promotion strategy in order to enhance this component and the quality of HP interventions
Guarantee quality and monitoring of all activities and program implementation according humanitarian and Si standards.
Set up and follow up project management tools.
Lead Mueda WaSH cluster and represent SI in provincial WaSH Cluster.
Education: Master degree in relevant subject
- At least two years of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments or similar field position
- At least one experience working in sensitive context / hard to reach area
- Experience in a management position in an overseas NGO environment, ideally in both emergency and developmental contexts;
- Skills in WaSH emergency response;
- Proven skills in hygiene promotion methodologies
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience of budget management
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel
- Extensive report writing skills in English
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/