About the job
Careerlist is recruiting for a Global Director, Water Sustainability for our client AB InBev.
Here at AB InBev we’re building a company to last, brewing beer and building brands that will continue to bring people together for the next 100 years and beyond. With centuries of brewing history, we’ve seen countless new friendships, connections and experiences built on a shared love of beer. We are the world’s largest brewer, with iconic brands like Budweiser, Stella Artois, Leffe and Jupiler and we’re a team of curious individuals who see every challenge as a new opportunity to do something incredible. We’re resourceful people who thrive and take ownership of our success. Because we’re owners, we take results personally. We dream big, seek new challenges and push the boundaries of what’s possible!
At AB InBev, we are reimagining the future together. Our ambition to lead and grow the beer category is reinforced by our shared belief and clear intention to enable a sustainable and inclusive future. That is why we introduced our new global purpose: We dream big to create a future with more cheers. It is about adopting a larger sense of leadership to cultivate shared prosperity and long-term value creation. We envision a future with more sustainability, innovation, inclusivity, natural ingredients and local impact. We conduct our business to adhere to the highest standards of business integrity and ethics, taking into consideration key non- financial indicators and guidance from frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the UN Guiding Principles reporting framework, CDP Water and Climate, the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) and the relevant United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGSs).
Are you interested in leading the water sustainability agenda for the world’s leading brewing company? Are you passionate about helping the company take forward its thought leadership on sustainability? Then this exciting opportunity to join its global sustainability team is just for you!
The Global Director: Water Sustainability is an integral member of the global sustainability team at AB InBev, leading the company’s water stewardship strategy and initiatives globally. This role focuses on execution and achievement of the company’s 2025 Water Stewardship Goal across the business, as well as steering the company’s water stewardship strategy into the future, enabling the company to continue to build its position as a leader on corporate water stewardship.
The Global Director: Water Sustainability plays a key role in supporting the continued development and evolution of the company’s overall ESG strategy, engaging internally and externally to shape an integrated ESG vision, narrative and approach and contribution to fulfillment of the company’s purpose and commercial strategy for a sustainable future. Specifically, the director will provide strategic direction on integrating the water agenda with biodiversity and the linkages between water risk and sustainable agriculture, and spearhead thought leadership initiatives to help shape and meaningfully contribute to the global conversation on water stewardship.
This role reports into the Global VP, Sustainability and sits within the company’s global sustainability team, led by the company’s Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Oversee and manage progress towards the company’s 2025 Water Stewardship goal across the Zones, including providing guidance on project and partner selection, implementation, measurement and evaluation, and communication, with a focus on the importance, value and impact of nature-based solutions
- Manage global water stewardship partnerships with The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), including contract management and budget allocation; analysis, execution, measurement and evaluation of joint watershed projects; engagement on thought leadership; and identification and development of new areas of collaboration;
- Lead internal cross-functional engagement on water stewardship, including with Supply, Procurement and Marketing/commercial teams;
- Lead global tracking, reporting and communication on the company’s water stewardship efforts, including management of internal tracking and reporting tools, CDP disclosure, ESG reporting, and web and social media content;
- Represent the company externally on water stewardship, including engagement and participation in collective action platforms (e.g., Water Resilience Coalition, CEO Water Mandate, 2030 Water Resources Group, Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable, etc.) and virtual and in-person forums (e.g., Stockholm World Water Week, public webinars and panels, etc.)
- Serve as water stewardship subject matter expert within the global sustainability team and company, enabling development and ongoing evolution of the company’s integrated ESG strategy, narrative and leadership position
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in a sustainability role within a global corporation or organization with a global focus on water
- Proven experience owning initiatives and delivering results in a leadership role
- Thoughtful, collaborative approach to developing and executing strategy, with an ability to
- navigate complex topics with diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with global and cross-
- functional teams across diverse cultures, as well as experience presenting to and engaging with
- senior leadership
- Knowledge of existing and emerging sustainability topics, especially in water stewardship, such as
- nature-based solutions and ecosystem services, impact measurement, biodiversity and
- regenerative agriculture
- Strong writing and presentation skills