- Job number: SRH04786
- Domaine de competence: Water Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Sudan
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION …
Desired start date: 15/06/2022
Duration of the mission: 06 months
Location: Gedaref /Sudan
Following fighting between the Tigrayan Forces (TPLF) and the Ethiopian Armed Forces (EAF), many Ethiopians fled the hostilities and sought refuge in eastern Sudan. Today there are more than 50,000 refugees, most of whom are in different locations: Tunaydbah, Um Rakuba, Village 8, Hamdayet and Babikri. All along 2021 SI was working mainly in Tunaydbah and launched wash activities in the new camp of Babikri in October – November.
Also, a wash in health program in consortium with PUI and funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation) was launched un July 2021 and will be over end of March 2022.
In terms of wash in camps for 2022, HCR will fund SI in Babikri Camp (approx. 2500 individuals) and CIAA will fund an FSL / nutrition project led by SI with PUI in consortium. A new fund from CDC will AI to open a new base in West Darfur during 2022.
Main activities implemented in Gedaref are: Latrines construction, supply water through water system, HP, solid waste management, wash in health (in 4 health centers: hardware and HP) and potentially Water trucking in case of needs (contingency funded by HCR) and cash distribution in complementarity to nutrition.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Specific stakes and challenges
The specific challenge is to provide a full wash answer in refugee camp set up: latrines and shower construction, supply water network to be adapted to the possible sources of water, water trucking, Hygiene promotion and waste management. The rainy seasons from June to October can be complex in terms of access (black cotton soil).
- Specific required skills
A good technical level and autonomy is required. The person must be able to manage:
- A range of activities described above
- Having an experience in SI process in terms of interdepartmental collaboration (logistic and admin)
- Very good organizational skills for managing daily workers in the camp (Hygiene promotion, waste management, water trucking monitoring
- Coordination with other actors: wash and shelter
1 Supervisor in charge of HP
1 supervisor in charge of latrines construction
1 officer in charge of water supply network
- At least one year of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments or similar position
- At least one year of experience as water and sanitation technician or engineer in professional environments or similar position
- Experience in WASH project management is an asset
- Substantial experience in a management position in an overseas NGO environment,
- Strong skills in water network, hydraulic and drilling;
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel, autocad and epanet
- Extensive report writing skills in English
Languages: English is mandatory. Speaking Arabic is a strong asset.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs in the Guest House and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked are granted.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/