Do you need a cumulative and motivational environment?
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
India as a country, has been taking numerous efforts towards inclusive sanitation facilities to contribute to improved environmental health. With the rapid urbanization, many states/cities are facing challenges related to efficient management of the wastewater and fecal waste as Wastewater Management (WWM) & Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) are central to achieve complete ‘Open Defecation Free (ODF)’ status. As a solution, states/cities are coming up with a number of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) & Fecal Sludge Treatment Plants (FSTPs). The USAID funded program aims to build capacities of state and ULB officials to plan and implement such systems.
Name of the position: Project Manager – Capacity Building in WASH
No. of positions: 1
Duty Station: Delhi with frequent travel to training locations
• B.E Civil Engineering/ Environment Engineering with 7-8 years of experience in fecal sludge/ water/wastewater/Solid waste management or capacity building projects.
Masters in Environment Engineering/ Urban or Rural development/Management/ Social work with 4-5 of relevant experience
• Experience of working with State Government departments and agencies.
• Experience of working in capacity building projects
• Experience as a trainer desirable
• Project Manager will be responsible for devising strategies and capacity building plans at levels of national, state, and local government for stakeholder involved in faecal sludge and wastewater management.
• He/she will be responsible for coordinating the national level training programs to be carried out by WASH Institute.
• The training coordinators will have to network and liaison with the concerned representatives from various state and local Government departments in implementing capacity building activities.
• He/she will be responsible in preparing training modules, which shall include session plans, training aids, worksheets etc.
• Provide necessary back end and front-end support to the program team and resource personnel in conducting the training programs.
• He/she will also be expected to facilitate training sessions along with resource personnel.
• He/she will devise organization wide quality assurance systems for capacity building
• He/she will collate and aggregate project level MEL data and aid in preparation of donor reports.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading, and writing in Hindi and English is essential. Candidates with knowledge of additional Indian languages would be given preference.
The annual Salary (CTC) will be commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply :
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The last date to submit application is 18 May, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: careers(at)washinstitute.org