Job no: 550669
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Dhaka
Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, safety.
How can you make a difference?
The WASH Specialist reports to the Chief WASH (P5) for general guidance and direction. The Specialist supports the Chief in managing the WASH section, and in leading the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to ensure the achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme. The Specialist provides authoritative advisory services to government and sector support agencies and interacts with government at senior levels and with senior staff in the International Development Banks.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Management support to the Chief of WASH
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Advisory services and technical support
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
For detailed job responsibilities, please access JD below:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are required.
- DEVELOPMENTAL: A minimum of eight years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- HUMANITARIAN: At least six months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
*Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
*The complete vacancy announcements can be reviewed via UNICEF Careers website at https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Advertised: 02 May 2022 Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: 16 May 2022 Bangladesh Standard Time