|Job title||Technical Specialist|
|Location||Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Contract Duration||2 Years|
|Reporting to||District Coordinator|
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change lives for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s (WAI) country office is based in New Delhi with State Offices in Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Patna and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on ensuring that communities – especially low-income families – are WASH secure i.e. with assured access to safe drinking water at the household level, with safely managed sanitation, institutions such as anganwadi’s, schools and health care facilities with adequate and appropriate health-care infrastructure and with good hygiene behaviours. We seek to do this through demonstration and the provision of technical and knowledge support to governments at all levels who can facilitate this adoption on scale.
- Assess requirement and plan for potential solutions for water source sustainability and grey water management in the district
- Identify the need for engineering surveys and develop detailed project reports for all hardware work. Demonstrate different decentralized household and /community level solution for waste management.
- Provide technical support to district administration on appropriate technology selection, impact assessment, evaluation and detailed Project Report
- Lead in preparing customized capacity building module and knowledge dissemination program within and outside WaterAid.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to district government in building strategy for grey water management with reference to SBM 2.0 in rural context.
- Support District and Panchayats to develop Grey water management strategy and model action plan for execution at village/GP level preferring simple technology.
- Develop capacity building plans related to grey water management in consultation with SBM (G), Zila Panchayat, Gram Panchayat
4. Eligibilities and requirements Education
|Diploma or Degree in environmental or civil engineering.|
|Between 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.|
|Experience of working closely with district government on the issue of sanitation will be desirable|
|Sound understanding of issues pertaining to rural drinking water sanitation in Tamil Nadu|
|Excellent communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English and Tamil|
|Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders|
|A self-starter, able to work independently|
|Ability to travel extensively|
|Prioritise set and meet deadlines|
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
|Job Email id:||waindiahr(at)wateraid.org|
|Download Attachment:||JSCF Application Form.doc|