|Job title||District Coordinator|
|Location||Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Contract Duration||2 Years|
|Reporting to||Head – Strategic Initiatives|
|Reporting from||Block Technical officer and Community Facilitators|
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change lives for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s (WAI) country office is based in New Delhi with State Offices in Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Patna and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on ensuring that communities – especially low-income families – are WASH secure i.e. with assured access to safe drinking water at the household level, with safely managed sanitation, institutions such as anganwadi’s, schools and health care facilities with adequate and appropriate health-care infrastructure and with good hygiene behaviours. We seek to do this through demonstration and the provision of technical and knowledge support to governments at all levels who can facilitate this adoption on scale.
3. Responsibilities Lead the programme in the district,
- interpreting the broad project goals into Ramnathpuram’s context,
- program conceptualization,
- adapting the implementation plan,
- organising community with the team members
- Produce high quality report to be shared with the donors and other stakeholders
- Lead and manage the team to ensure objectives of the project are met effectively within the desired timeline.
- Provide guidance and supervise project implementation in the district.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, creating an environment that enables staff to maximise their potential and facilitates high performing teams
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the concerned government departments in the district and state.
- Identify challenges in the implementation of SBM – 2 and JJM in the district and develop strategies for technical support to the district
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing block/ district level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
- Working with Water Aid’s communications Team (through the Head – Strategic Initiative) to ensure effective documentation of the work being implemented,
4. Eligibilities and requirementsEducation
- Post-graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, civil / environmental engineering, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education will be an added advantage
- Between 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
- Experience of working on WASH issues communities in Tamil Nadu will be an added advantage
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with block and district administration
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to WASH in rural communities
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English and Tamil
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively
- Prioritise set and meet deadlines
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
|Job Email id:||waindiahr(at)wateraid.org|
|Download Attachment:||JSCF Application Form.doc|