Program Officer (Climate Adaptation and Resilience)
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer, Climate Adaptation and Resilience at our Washington, DC office. Under the supervision of a Senior Program Officer, the job holder assists with the planning, coordination, communication and implementation of projects under the umbrella of Climate, Communities and Biodiversity. These include WWF Climate Crowd (a global crowdsourcing project focused on human responses to climate change), WWF’s work on wildlife and climate change, and educational outreach.
- Conducts literature reviews on topics including climate impacts, climate adaptation, and species biology. Synthesizes literature results and creates databases.
- Synthesizes and inputs data collected from the field, analyzes data, and creates regular summary reports.
- Develops, plans and implements oversight of new and ongoing field projects and grants.
- Works with project partners, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting.
- Drafts, reviews and edits fundraising proposals and donor reports.
- Develops and maintains content for project websites and social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; ideally in a related field such as conservation, climate change, environmental science, or related degrees.
- Position requires at least three years of experience in climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation. A Master’s degree may substitute for a year of experience
- Excellent organizational, research, writing, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with categorizing and analyzing large amounts of data
- Experience working overseas in conservation and development programs is desired
- Application deadline is Sunday October 9th
- This is a 12 month assignment. There is the possibility of extension, pending additional funding
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible; selected candidate must be available to start shortly after receiving the job offer.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#17022, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.