Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting an experienced climate change professional to lead the development of its climate resiliency service.
Amec Foster Wheeler is transforming its existing environmental/risk assessment and engineering services into an integrated climate resiliency offering. You will act as the European climate resilience lead for Amec Foster Wheeler, coordinating existing services across Amec Foster Wheeler’s global network, as well as developing new markets and coordinated an integrated service offering.
Climate resilience is already a substantial part of our work programme, and we are looking for someone to take this area to the next level. You will be a key driver of this business area, communicating directly to senior management, and leading climate resilience engagement with clients in the field.
You will bring a wealth of experience in climate change resilience to the company, including extensive project experience in a range of geographies and at different scales of implementation. This is a challenging role, requiring excellent project management ability and strong drive to make change happen.
You will be responsible for growing this service area, and will be measured on your ability to win public and private sector work for clients across Europe, as well as potentially in developing country settings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree, ideally at Masters-level or above, in a climate-change related discipline e.g. science, engineering, geography, resource management or environmental economics
- 10-15+ years’ experience delivering sustainability, engineering, energy or climate change services, in a commercial or public sector setting
- Strong experience in practical implementation of climate adaptation measures in a commercial or public sector setting
- Extensive knowledge of risk/impact identification and assessment, and strategy and solution development
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to team members from different skill backgrounds, as well as to clients to sell the potential of Amec Foster Wheeler services
- Excellent project and programme management capability, including the ability to manage budgets and coordinate geographically dispersed team members
- Strong writing and oral communication ability, particularly the ability to succinctly communicate problems and solutions in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Experience in undertaking cost-benefit analysis
- Experience in engineering related to climate change
- Experience in working on climate change in developing countries
- Global network of contacts in fields related to climate change, energy and infrastructure
- Strong facilitation skills, including experience leading workshops
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.