Full Job Description
West Creek Conservancy (West Creek) is a 501c3 organization, founded in 1997 and serves the Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio region. Our mission is to enrich the lives of all people in Northeast Ohio by conserving natural habitats, restoring the ecological value of our region’s lands and waters, and expanding opportunities to connect people from all cultures to experience nature and discover our great outdoors.
P.O. Box 347113 Position Summary: Senior Watershed Programs Manager
Cleveland, OH 44134
T: 216-749-3720 An opportunity to protect and restore amazing spaces throughout Northeast Ohio.
West Creek seeks a detail-oriented, collaborative, and experienced professional to manage
Office Location the organization’s regional watershed program services in Northeast Ohio. West Creek’s
7381 Camelot Drive
Parma, OH 44134 projects are complex and involve collaboration with public and private partners. The Senior
Watershed Programs Manager will be responsible for all watershed service-related www.westcreek.org initiatives including, but not limited to, restoration/enhancement initiatives, watershed planning, land stewardship, volunteer engagement, and other similar projects, consistent with West Creek’s policies and procedures.
The Senior Watershed Programs Manager will be expected to work independently and perform a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following:
– Initiate, lead, and implement habitat restoration projects, and stormwater/GI projects.
– Lead watershed planning/NPSIS development and maintenance.
– Assist with watershed partner efforts throughout Greater Cleveland and Northeast
– Provide high level land management, stewardship, site visits, and general ecological management.
– Assist with park, trail, and greenspace projects.
– Assist with grant writing, management, and tracking.
– Municipal and community based education and outreach.
– Community liaison for West Creek throughout Northeast Ohio.
– Conceptualize projects and watershed improvements.
– Leverage partnerships and available resources.
– Assist with tree plans and planting, and the West Creek partnership nursery.
– Assist with West Creek events and programs.
– Facilitate volunteers and volunteer programing.
– Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in environmental science, ecological/natural resource restoration/management.
– A passion for conservation.
– A successful track record of implementing and managing projects/programs as detailed above.
– Excellent communication and listening skills.
– Ability to maintain and develop long-term partnerships with stakeholders.
– Experience obtaining funds from public and private sources for land and conservation easement acquisitions and working knowledge of grants and contract compliance.
– Work effectively both unsupervised and with teams.
– Strong commitment to high standards and personal accountability.
– Demonstrable experience in watershed restoration/management.
– GIS experience preferred.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment managing a variety of relationships.
– Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, and ability to make sound decisions with little supervision; able to manage priorities and workflow.
– A commitment to maintain strict confidentiality.
– Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
This position is full time with some flexibility.
The Senior Watershed Program Manager will report to the Executive Director. West
Creek offers competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, and benefits commensurate with experience. West Creek Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a letter of interest and resume (including references).
Please insert “Senior Watershed Programs Manager” in the subject line. Address cover letter to Derek Schafer, Executive Director.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cleveland, OH 44134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- PMP (Preferred)
Work Location: One location