Join a global professional services leader committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization! The Americas Technical Services Team is looking for an Integrated Water Management Leader – Americas.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, business development, project management, and technical planning/engineering skills. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible long-term relationships with clients and the community. This position is an opportunity to demonstrate your local relationships and knowledge and be involved in meaningful projects.
- Provide technical leadership on IWM and water resource management projects. Perform technical review and oversight, staff mentorship, and project development
- Represent and promote GHD at networking events, professional and industrial associations, society meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Provide thought leadership in IWM
People and Clients:
- Expand the client base in the America’s by promoting GHD’s services proactively and strengthening repeat business
- Expand and mentor IWM team across Canada, United States and Chile
- Collaborate with GHD’s Water Market Sector and Business Group Leaders to position and win IWM focused projects regionally and across the America’s
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Planning or Environmental Science or similar technical field.
- Minimum 15+ years of related experience
- Exceptional track record in client development and project execution on IWM and water resources projects. Demonstrated technical expertise in water resources planning, design and/or implementation
- Strong relationship leadership skills and a real passion for developing people within GHD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong report writer
GHD Leadership Capabilities:
- Leading Others – Provides clear direction, listens and actively coaches others to achieves goals and perform at their best
- Strategic Focus – Builds and communicates a shared vision. Thinks laterally taking into account a wide range of issues to identify both opportunity & risk. Manages short term demands in the context of long-term goals
- Effective Decision Making – Makes timely decisions using sound judgement. Identifies relevant issues and gathers the appropriate information in order to solve problems effectively
- Adapting – Tolerates ambiguity and is open and adaptable to change. Maintains positive and supportive outlook and manages emotions
- Delivering Results – Meets the needs of GHD clients with an emphasis on proactive communication, timely delivery, quality service and good commercial outcomes
- Self-Development – Actively seeks feedback and is open to learning new behaviors. Shows an awareness of strengths and limitations, together with their impact on others
- Business Acumen – Thinks like a business owner and is aware and attentive to risk and commercial implications
- Working with People – works effectively with people and builds productive relationships with clients and GHD people to achieve positive results. Models GHD values in actions
- Personal Courage – Operates with a sense of conviction. Willing to advocate ideas against resistance in order to move things forward. Prepared to make difficult decisions and hold self and others accountable.
- Influencing – Gains clear agreement and commitment from clients and GHD people. Conveys integrity and respect. Actively promotes ideas and expresses opinions in a credible manner and strives for the right solution
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
- Job Identification 4504
- Job Category Engineering
- Posting Date 04/25/2022, 11:28 PM
- Locations 555 W 5th St., Los Angeles, CA, 90013, US