Salary Range: $70,000.00 To 80,000.00 Annually
Are you passionate about protecting the environment? Are you a skilled program management professional with expertise in international projects and fund-raising? If you are up for the challenge of supporting our mission of fostering innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress, then the Environmental Law Institute needs you as our Senior Manager for International Programs.
What Would You Be Doing Exactly?
As a part of ELI’s Research & Policy team, you would support ELI’s international environmental programs, most of which are focused on developing countries. Your work would include fundraising, strategic planning, and program development. This is designed as a one-year position, with the potential for extension.
What do you need to thrive in this role?
Having a Master’s or equivalent degree will be essential in thriving in this position. You should also have at least 10 years of program management experience with an emphasis on environmental work and fund-raising and project management in an international context.
Although an environmental background or degree in environmental policy, international relations, or a J.D. in environmental law is preferred, it is not required.
The Research & Policy department is collaborative by nature and the Senior Manager must be able to interact in a professional manner with people from diverse racial, ethnic, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We employ anti-racist practices and principles while striving to support ELI’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Other skills needed but not limited to include:
- Substantial knowledge of, or experience in, environmental issues
- Strategic mindset and ability to understand how to connect the program to larger strategic goals and outcomes
- Experience conducting grant research and identifying new opportunities
- Excellent organization and coordination skills, to work with a variety of teams on numerous applications and related projects
- Superb attention to detail and ability to reliably adhere to deadlines
- Outstanding professional writing communication skills including a demonstrated excellence in writing proposals and donor stewardship communications.
- Excellent presentation and public-speaking skills and confidence in cultivating and soliciting high-level government and international organization officials, foundation officers, donors, and programmatic partners.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and authentic relationships and a desire to understand the interests and motivation of foundations and donors.
- Proficiency with standard office software, including Microsoft Office
- Basic website development skills are an asset
- Ease in taking initiative and working independently
- Demonstrated ability to:
- represent ELI publicly in a manner consistent with our mission and values
- manage events and projects effectively and efficiently while producing high quality deliverables
- collaborate effectively with others
- effectively manage multiple projects/events and establish priorities with moderate supervision
- confidentially and professionally communicate and interact with ELI stakeholders
Who is ELI?
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI) is a research and education “think and do” tank that makes law work for people, places, and the planet. We envision a healthy environment, prosperous economies, and vibrant communities founded on the rule of law. Our mission is to foster innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress.
What can you expect from ELI?
The annual salary for this one-year position (with the potential for extension) is $70-80,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. ELI’s total compensation includes excellent benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Fitness Incentive
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
- Paid time off
Ready to apply? Here’s how…
Submit an application package via ELI’s online application system. Simply click the Apply button to get started. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume.
- writing sample that involves fundraising, such as outreach to donors or a grant proposal
Candidates passing the initial applicant screening process will be requested to provide references.
ELI will accept applications for this position on a rolling basis and this position will remain open until filled. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery.
Please note that to ensure the health and safety of the ELI workforce, any offer of employment from ELI is contingent on candidates providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. ELI management will consider requests for religious or medical exceptions, consistent with applicable law.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness. As such, minority candidates and candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.