|Consultant Type||Individual Consultant|
|Work Location:||Homebased and meetings with the Mekong River Commission Secretariat and its Member Countries|
|Duration/Contract type:||30 working days / Special Service Agreement|
|Date Posted:||25 April 2021|
|Closing Date:||16 May 2022|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in climate change adaptation, natural resource management, environmental sciences, or a related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience working on the assessment of climate change impact and climate change adaptation, water resources management, especially for flood and drought management, and similar assignments.
- Strong experience in the development of bankable project proposals in areas of national resources management and/ or climate change adaptation.
- Working experience with MRC or in the Lower Mekong Region on climate change adaptation, environment, flood and drought, and climate change finance.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation in the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision-makers and the public.
- Strong work ethics, including commitment, responsibility, team spirit, and timely delivery.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the bottom of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FXVZ7CK. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.