Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a multiple Cross-Cutting Specialists for an anticipated USAID-funded climate change project in Colombia.
Areas of specialization that we seek include:
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Climate change policy and governance, especially experience with UNFCCC’s Paris Agreement
- Outreach and communication, training
- Gender and vulnerable population inclusion
- Grants management
Responsibilities of the cross-cutting specialists include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting efforts to establish and achieve greenhouse gas mitigation goals and include climate change policies in sub-national and sector planning processes
- Supporting diversification into clean and renewable energy sources
- Supporting the strengthening and adaptation of climate change monitoring systems and development of climate resilient financing options
- Preparing, reviewing, and monitoring contract commitments and project deliverables
- Effectively working with a multi-disciplinary climate change team on a broad-based and multi-year project
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced degrees in environmental sciences / engineering, policy and / or planning or a related field, with at least 10 years of applied experience and prior USAID experience is preferred
- Experience implementing donor-funded projects in Central and South America is required and Colombia-specific expertise is preferred
- Technical experience with climate change adaptation and mitigation (esp. in Latin America and Colombia), the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s new Paris Agreement, renewable and clean energy, policy and governance, investment financing, and community outreach and training are advantages
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and leadership skills (including managing relationships and motivating the team) applied within multi-cultural contexts
- Experience working effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders (including national and sub-national governments, civil society groups, research institutions, private sector partners and local communities)
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish is required
Interested candidates shall provide a brief Cover Letter, CV (listing experiences in reverse chronological order), and at least three (3) professional references (including name and title, contact information and relationship to the reference). Only individuals with relevant consulting and management experience need apply. This is not an engineering position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.