Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Korba, Chhattisgarh,
Last Date: 10th May, 2022
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is a socio-technical not for profit Organisation working for the development of rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions. It is an “Organisation of National Importance” duly notified by Government of India.
Mission Statement: AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships, networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society.
Our Domain Areas: Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Diversification, and Climate Change for effective management of natural resources.
AFPRO having its Head office at New Delhi requires personnel for the positon of Project Coordinator to be based in Korba, Chhattisgarh with the following requirements:
Qualification: B. E. Civil Engineer /Agriculture Engineer / Diploma in Civil Engineer
Age: 25-30 years
Experience: The above position requires minimum 3 – 7 years of experience in development sector. Should have in depth technical expertise and work experience in Water sector – Soil and water conservation, project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation, program management skills, fund mobilization and skills in communication with funding partners. Working on participatory NRM and agriculture based livelihood/FPO programs will be an added advantage.
Compensation: Attractive remuneration based on the qualification and experience.
The position is to lead a project based multidisciplinary team to design the project, execute planned activities, monitoring the project activities, identify the needs, reporting, documentation, liaisoning with different stakeholders and networking with government line departments. The position will report and work in close coordination with the Team leader. He/she should be a good team player with multi-tasking ability, especially in communicating with funding partners and other stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Conduct land use survey, topographical survey, technical data collection, etc.
• Carry out technical appraisals, monitoring and evaluation of water resources, land use management projects.
• Organize and conduct trainings on promotion, maintenance and implementation of water resource projects.
• Ensure gender justice in the projects being implemented and promote decency, decorum and gender dignity within and outside AFPRO.
• Field visits to projects in context to water resources integrated rural development, watershed development projects.
• Planning and implementation of development programs / projects in our domain areas by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
• Extending socio-technical services for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Agriculture / Natural Resource Management / Climate Change.
• Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects.
• Management and Evaluation of programs / projects
• Preparation of project /technical reports and other required documents.
• Networking/ coordination/ liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion / development of the programs.
• Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
• The applicant must be mature with good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi is compulsory.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Liaison with funding agencies, NGOs, community organizations and Resources Organizations – build and strengthen relationships.
• Documentation for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
• Should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM.
The above position requires extensive travel in rural villages of the project area.
The position is on contract basis and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirements.
Please send your application with profile/resume to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 Ph: 28525412 / 28525452 email: [email protected] with a copy marked to [email protected], Website: www.afpro.org
Please apply by 10th May, 2022.
Job Email id: jobs(at)afpro.org