A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. We are truly global and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. We have over 650 staff members working in Ireland with offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick.
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. Our water business in Ireland continues to grow in response to market demand. We also have a wide and growing portfolio related work delivering advice to clients in the UK and mainland Europe.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant with a broad skillset and an ambition to accelerate their career whilst supporting the growth of our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the engagement on high quality strategy, commercial and policy advice to our water clients across a wide range of projects, Candidates should have commercial and strategy experience in the water sector, supported by broader knowledge of the infrastructure sector.
Senior Water Advisory Consultant
We are looking for a well-rounded, motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong academic, professional and personal skills. The role is well suited for a commercially strong, highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working individually and leading others, whilst playing a key role in multi-disciplinary teams and being passionate about their own personal and professional development. The primary focus of the Senior Consultant role is to undertake advisory services, with a focus on the water sector. The role will involve:
- Development of strategies, plans and business cases in the water sector;
- Delivery of strategic and feasibility studies, for example, water resource management plans;
- Delivery of asset management strategies and plans and investment decision-making processes;
- Interpreting technical information into clear communications for a broad stakeholder group;
- Facilitate engagement with clients including presentations, stakeholder consultation and building strong client relationships;
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams and supporting the development of junior members of the team;
- Managing the delivery and output of projects, including project planning, programming, quality assurance and commercial management.
Current Projects/Skills and attributes needed
- An understanding of the issues water infrastructure owners/operators are facing
- Awareness of the approach to forming and providing advice to clients; and interest in areas such as net-zero, long-term investment planning, decision support, information management, risk and resilience, financial modelling, statistical analysis, and regulatory monitoring and reporting.
- A track record in delivering accurate, good quality strategic technical advice in an engaging and consultative manner.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and exhibit innovative thinking.
- Highly motivated, proactive and excited in new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork and client and stakeholder relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interpret technical data into clear communications.
- Strong analytical skills with a methodological and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Track-record of incorporating digital technologies into projects or organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of consultancy experience in the water sector. Experience in academia or direct industry role will also be considered.
- Experience in delivering water resources management planning, water strategies and plans and investment cases.
- Knowledge of the key issues and opportunities facing water infrastructure in Ireland and Europe.
- Project and commercial management experience, including project planning, programming and financial tracking and forecasting of projects.
- Experience of preparing bid documents, grant proposals or similar.
- Capable of holding responsibility for delivery and output of a project.
- Master’s degree.
- Chartership of a relevant professional institution.
What to expect at Arup:
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- Opportunities for short or long assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
- Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, which is dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
- Competitive performance-based salary growth.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
Join us in shaping a better world.
Our goal is to shape a better world, finding solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the most expansive impacts of our work. Our drive to build a more sustainable, resilient and equitable future shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
‘A better way’- Sustainability and Social Equity
At Arup, we strive to bring environmental sustainability and social equity together. We put sustainability at the heart of our projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change and poverty. We have made a commitment to reach net zero by 2030 and to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Read our net zero carbon plan here. Read our net zero carbon plan here.
A career at Arup gives you the chance to have a positive impact on the world. For us, corporate responsibility is not just a policy; it’s a way of working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for talented people of any background based on merit, fairness and respect. At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or with your colleagues by joining staff networks such as those for women, culture or the LGBTQ+ community.
We are a certified CPD accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2020