Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Climate Change Adaptation candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded climate change project in Colombia.
- 5 years, full-time
- hours are based on a 40-hour work week
Responsibilities of the Climate Change Adaptation Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the incorporation of national climate change adaptation policies into sub-national land sector planning processes
- Supporting climate-responsible diversification into alternative clean energies
- Strengthening climate change monitoring systems
- Leading the preparation, review, and monitoring of contract commitments and project deliverables
- Effectively working with a multi-disciplinary climate change team on a broad-based and multi-year project
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced degree in environmental sciences / engineering, policy and / or planning or a related field, with at least 10 years of applied experience prior USAID experience is preferred
- Experience implementing donor-funded projects in Central and South America is required and Colombia-specific expertise is preferred
- Technical experience with climate change adaptation (esp. in Latin America and Colombia), the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s new Paris Agreement, renewable and clean energy, policy and governance, investment financing, and community outreach and training are advantages
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and leadership skills (including managing relationships and motivating the team) applied within multi-cultural contexts
- Experience working effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders (including national and sub-national governments, civil society groups, research institutions, private sector partners and local communities)
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish required
Interested candidates shall provide a brief Cover Letter, CV (listing experiences in reverse chronological order) and at least three (3) professional references (including name and title, contact information and relationship to the reference). Only individuals with relevant consulting and management experience need apply. This is not an engineering position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.