• Manage the process of data collection, banking and analysis of programme management information with support from MEAL Officer.
• Manage the development, roll-out and day to day running of beneficiary accountability mechanisms;
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Technical management: National MEAL Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective Programmes, in both development and humanitarian contexts, by:
• Conduct community visits, focus group discussions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries to receive feedback on SC programmes
• Keeping the accountability and feedback database up to date by documenting feedback and follow-up actions taken
• Conducting post-distribution monitoring with targeted communities
• Collect, compile and interpret post-distribution monitoring data and sharing findings with MEAL Officer and programme implementation team
• Help collect data needed for the Output Tracker and support Programme Managers with data collection processes if needed
• Support programmes with conducting assessments as needed, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises
• Conduct field monitoring visits as appropriate
• Work closely with field staff to collect data and implement activities to support beneficiary accountability
• Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Diploma degree or higher in a relevant area of social sciences;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Previous relevant experience, such as data collection and analysis, customer service, reporting
• Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue
• Strong skills in excel and other data management and analysis software
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
• Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
• Experience in knowledge and database management
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Contingent
Closing Date: May 6, 2022