Job Title: Program Specialist III
Agency: Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
Department: Biological & Agricultural Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary: Commensurate
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Staff
- Develop a watershed management plan for Rowlett Creek Watershed
- Work closely with government agencies, non-profits, and individual citizens in the community to develop the plan
- Provide leadership in developing a watershed management plan through the collection and analysis of land use and resource information, identification and clarification of stakeholder concerns, establishment of goals, and supporting locally initiated strategies.
- organize and facilitate steering committee meetings, arrange logistics for public meetings, prepare draft and final plan documents, coordinate volunteers, and collect water samples as necessary
- Interpret and analyze hydrologic models results
- Other research or experimental duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in relevant field. (Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science)
- Three years of related experience
- Master of Science in relevant field (Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science)
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
- Professional licensure (PE or FPM)
Required Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation and public relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent team member skills
- Ability to multi task and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with stormwater quality and quantity studies
- Experience with Stormwater Modeling and software such as SWMM, SWAT etc.
- Understanding of geographic information systems and their use in watershed planning
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission and role of the land Grant University System
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.