World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information, please visit www.wvi.org
Position Title: Water Advisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
WIT will be a five year USAID-funded program focused on water conservation and the creation/improvement of alternative livelihoods and access to finance for Jordanian host communities and Syrian refugee populations in Jordan.
The role of the Water Advisor is to create and implement a strategy to increase sustainable management of water through the identification and implementation of appropriate and innovative technologies.
Creation and Implementation of Water Conservation Strategy
· Takes a leading role in developing the WIT Consortium Water Conservation Strategy with the aim of saving water at both agricultural and household level.
· Incorporates cross cutting priorities including gender, youth, and Stability and Conflict resolution within the strategy.
· Ensures all implementation activities are focused where the impact of water conservation will be greatest.
· Acts as consortium team lead in identifying appropriate technologies and practices to conserve and reuse water resources
· Create partnerships with private companies with a primary link to markets and producers working in the agriculture field.
· Provide support and trainings to WIT staff, communities and relevant stakeholders in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Water Conservation Strategy.
· Establish partnerships to strengthen local entities through knowledge management to act effectively in advisory services focused on water conservation
· Facilitate the adaptation and use of advanced water harvesting modeling techniques
· Contribute to the WIT program strategic planning process and provide regular updates
· Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
· Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
· Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
· Be responsible for full and proper implementation of WVI systems of management, compliance and control as described in operational manuals
· Work with finance and compliance to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of WVI Jordan activities.
Works with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning to ensure effective strategic implementation
· Works with Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning team to insure effective monitoring tools are developed to evaluate the progression of water conservation activities.
· Coordinate with M&E and accountability in the response to issues that arise and take a learning approach to outreach strategy and implementation
· Along with MEL Advisor, insure stakeholder access to feedback mechanisms and dialog.
Other major Responsibilities
· Represents the consortium as needed in meetings with USAID, Government of Jordan, and other stakeholders
Masters and/or PHD in water and soil conservation or other relevant areas (civil and environmental engineer/environmental science)
Minimum of 5 years in a similar position and significant professional experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions aimed at triggering water conservation.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Ability and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary context.
· Capacity and skills in advanced environmental and water resource modeling tools and techniques.
· Communications and computer skills; Fluent in English and proficient and/or working knowledge in Arabic.
· Knowledge and experience with water technology alternatives and management practices including water harvesting, hydroponics, drip irrigation, etc.
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.
If you meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write “Water Advisor – WV Jordan” in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.