Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
North Water Services; North Region; Water Resource Management; Mackay or Townsville
You will undertake a range of science projects focused on aquatic ecosystems associated with water planning activities within Northern Region. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide results and data to support future water management decisions to sustainably manage water resources across the State.
Projects require field-based activities, desktop assessment tasks, and report writing.
The location focus for this role will be to deliver on projects in the Northern Region water plan areas, however the staff in this group work as a State-wide team and projects may extend across the state where required.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Townsville region,Mackay region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/417128/22|
|Yearly salary||$88698 – $96650|
|Fortnightly salary||$3399.80 – $3704.60|
|Contact person||Vicki Coburn|
|Contact details||PH: (07) 4999 6848|
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Assist in design of projects aimed at filling knowledge gaps and data requirements to monitor effectiveness of ecological outcomes in water plans
• Work with other groups involved in the implementation of the Water Planning Science Plan to identify the knowledge gaps and science needs
• Manage and conduct multiple projects across surface water and groundwater ecosystems
• Undertake a variety of aquatic ecosystem monitoring programs
• Maintain data in corporate databases to ensure data integrity
• Provide targeted reporting on project results to water managers and other stakeholders
• Communicate outcomes of projects and findings effectively to water managers and other stakeholders
• Other duties as directed and required.
As an individual contributor in the role of Scientist (Aquatic ecology), the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role:
• Prioritises projects and tasks efficiently, in line with team commitments (Leads strategically)
• Demonstrates flexibility to changing expectations by proactively adapting own approach to reflect new requirements (Leads changes in complex environments)
• Communicates in a clear, succinct and deliberate manner, adjusting the message so that it resonates with different stakeholders (Builds enduring relationships)
• Promotes the team’s work through clear and compelling communication (Inspires others)
• Demonstrates personal responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of self and others (Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces)
• Analyses information to proactively identify risks to the team’s planned activities (Demonstrates sound governance)
• The applicant will require a Bachelor Degree in Agricultural or Environmental Science, Biology, Applied Science or Natural Resource Management.
• If your qualification is from an overseas institution, you will need to attach a certified copy of the official recognition to your application (email [email protected] for more information about obtaining official recognition of your overseas qualification).
• The applicant will require a Queensland manual drivers licence or equivalent;
• Out-of-hours and weekend work may be required;
• This is both a field and office-based position; and
• This position will require overnight travel as part of the fulfilment of the role.
• Evidence that you have up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19 or that you are medically exempt from this vaccination will be required for this vacancy.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/417128/22
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 May 2022
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.