Environment and Science (Organisation site)
Landscape Sciences; Science Delivery & Knowledge; Science and Technology; Flexible.
As one of 6 Senior Catchment Modellers, you will work in a dynamic team in which you will lead the development and application of catchment water quantity and quality models for basins across the Great Barrier Reef Catchment Area.
This role contributes to the Paddock to Reef Integrated Monitoring, Modelling and Reporting Program.
The modelling of improved practice change is one of the major inputs to the annual Reef Report Card.
You will be given the opportunity to represent the Queensland Government and build relationships with other GBR stakeholders, presenting model methodology and results in a range of forums.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Job ad reference||QLD/416822/22|
|Yearly salary||$102650 – $110407|
|Fortnightly salary||$3934.60 – $4231.90|
|Contact person||David Waters|
|Contact details||Ph: 0428 114 535|
Access the National Relay Service
We’ll assess your merit for this role by looking at what you’ve done previously – the knowledge, skills and experience you’ve built, your potential for development and your personal qualities.
This position requires:
• Demonstrated experience in catchment modelling, preferably using the eWater Source framework and a strong understanding of land management practices, catchment hydrology and pollutant transport processes.
• Proven experience with programing (R or Python preferred), ability to parameterise and execute large model runs, as well as analyse and summarise large volumes of data. Experience with GIS is desirable.
• Evidence of high quality scientific writing and presentation skills.
• Experience in identifying complex problems and possible solutions including research, comprehension and critical evaluation of relevant technical information and data.
• Well-developed ability to communicate with influence across a wide range of stakeholders including in the scientific and stakeholder communities.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/416822/22
Closing Date: Tuesday, 10 May 2022
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.