ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
MINISTRY OF HOUSING, UTILITIES
& URBAN COMMUNITIES
SUSTAINABLE RURAL SANITATION SERVICES
PROGRAM FOR RESULTS (SRSSP PHASE 2)
“CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST”
“Provide Capacity Building and Support for Egyptian Water and Wastewater Regulatory Agency (EWRA) Staff to develop Business Plan, Standard Operating Procedures and Tariff Model”
- The Government of Egypt (GoE) launched the National Rural Sanitation Program (NRSP) with the objective of providing increased access and improved sanitation services in Egypt.
- The Ministry of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Communities (MHUUC) has received co-financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (WB) and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) towards the implementation of the Sustainable Rural Sanitation Services Program (SRSSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services to provide capacity building and support for Egyptian Water and Wastewater Regulatory Agency (EWRA).
- The objective of the assignment is to provide support and capacity building to EWRA to develop their Business Plan, Standard Operation procedures, and Tariff model that will assure the performance and sustainability of EWRA based on their current status and the effect of various interventions. Support shall follow the international practices for gap analysis; review of previous/existing work, and generate updates fulfilling gap. The Consultant under this assignment shall provide support and capacity building to EWRA staff in order to enable them to fulfil the following commitments under the SRSSP Program to develop:
- Business Plan (BP) that will provide an analysis of the current status and then develop a detailed business plan that is expected to provide overall direction to EWRA operations making it sustainable, efficient, growth-oriented in the long term and develop a road map for the future.
- Standard operating procedures that describe how to perform a routine activity. This will be clear instructions that staff are obligated to implement and will include the core operational activities; water quality, customer service, and tariff departments and aims to operate EWRA efficiently and safely in order to achieve the best results in normal operating and emergency operating positions when necessary.
- Financial and Tariff Model with concepts of cost recovery and affordability mechanisms within analysis and evaluation of current tariff structure. Also, to prepare Water and Wastewater Tariff Policy Paper (TPP), Water and Wastewater Regulatory Accounting System Guide (RASG), Standard Performance Agreement (PA), Financial Planning Guide (Five Year Report), Regulatory Asset Base (RAB) methodology and Financial and Economic Tariff Model.
- The total estimated duration of the consultancy services is 10 months with an expected commencement date on September 2022. The MHUUC currently invites eligible International Consulting Firms “Consultants” to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
- The Consultant
smay associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
- Submission Requirements: In order to select the firm with the best qualifications and relevant experience and invites it to submit its technical and financial proposals for negotiation
,MHUUC will consider the following selection criteria based on the evidence provided in the written submissions of interested Consultants: –
- Company/joint venture of firms’ profile, organization, and staffing (max. 2-4 pages) and a copy of legal registration and licenses.
- At least three contracts in similar assignments successfully completed in the last ten years preferably in the MENA Region, including information on consultancy contract/s value, name of Client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), consultancy level of effort provided (throughout assignment duration) and list of main activities undertaken.
- CVs of key current staff of the Consultant who could carry out/supervise the MHUUC Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the last five years, including the name of the Client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), work-months provided, consultancy assignment budget and main activities for the following:
– Water and wastewater regulatory Expert,
– Utilities Management Expert,
– Business Administration and Management Expert,
– Financial Management Expert
- Audited financial statement for the last three years with at least an annual turnover of $ 1 million.
- Litigation history for the last three years.
- A Consultant will be selected for award of the entire package of Services through a subsequent competition in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualification- Based Selection (CQS) as set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers issued on July 2016 and Revised on November 2017 and August 2018, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested Consultants are directed to familiarize themselves with the Prohibited Practices paragraphs of the Guidelines concerning fraud, corruption and conflict of interest.
- The completed Expression of Interest in English must be delivered to the PMU address below in a closed envelope no later than May 10, 2022, at 12 P.M. (Cairo Local Time).
Ministry of Housing, Utilities & Urban Communities
Program Management Unit (PMU)
1 Ismail Abaza (branching from El Kasr El Anei Street) – Cairo, Egypt.
Interested Consultants may seek further information about the assignments by writing to the following PMU officials: