About WASH Institute
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute), established in 2008, is a non-profit organization, dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation, hygiene and environmental issues in India and the neighbouring countries. WASH Institute aims to build the capacities of the sector through programs that provide a) training and academic courses, b) technical advisory and consultancy services, and c) grass roots community WASH programs.
WASH Institute has been conducting extensive training programs for government functionaries, private sector professionals, NGOs, and other practitioners with the objective of effective WASH implementation across the country. In addition, our academic campus offers Diploma and Master’s level courses in sanitation, under affiliation to a leading university. As part of our WASH Advisory program, we provide PMU services to central, state, and local governments in both urban and rural areas to support implementation of SBM, JJM, and AMRUT schemes. Our community WASH programs are currently ongoing in 16 locations across 9 states in India.
We are a multi-disciplinary team that tackle complex multi-faceted problems of behaviour change, quality of service, and sustainability of WASH interventions. We are looking for experienced professionals to work with us towards our visions of “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
We are looking for experienced professionals to join our vibrant team under our Technical Advisory program. The position will be part of a team providing handholding support to governments in planning and implementation of water, wastewater, faecal sludge management, and solid waste management for urban areas.
Position: WASH Project Manager
Number of positions: 2 (Different experience ranges)
Desired qualification: Bachelor’s in civil or mechanical engineering and master’s in environmental engineering/planning or MBA with 5 to 8 years’ experience in working with government or NGO sector.
1. Responsible for successful completion of project deliverables and achieving objectives in a government setting
2. Rapid assessments of city/town to determine sanitation infrastructure gaps and develop concept solutions for engaging stakeholders and facilitating consensus on action plans
3. Develop operational models with regulations, service benchmarks and financials to sustain sanitation services
1. Strong ability to manage development projects working with governments at local and state levels
2. Strong understanding of project cadence with ability to deploy resources effectively to collect data, analyse infrastructure gaps, and present possible solution scenarios to support decision makers
3. Understanding of WASH sector is highly desirable – familiarity with sewered and non-sewered sanitation and Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) is desirable
4. Strong aptitude for digital working processes and familiarity with digital methods (survey tools, GIS) and/or packages (Sewer CAD etc.,) is highly desirable
5. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to engage stakeholders and evolve consensus is required
6. Strong ability to manage clients and project teams of varying skill sets is required
Languages: Sound knowledge of speaking, reading, and writing in English is essential. Fluency with Hindi and/or other languages will be highly desirable.
Salary Package: The annual Salary (CTC) will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply: Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The last date to submit application is 10th May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the position in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: careers(at)washinstitute.org